Beyerdynamic DT-770 Vs DT-770 Pro
Jul 29, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #16 of 28
Quote:
Oh for heaven's sake. Special request. Really?

Clearly I stand corrected.
rolleyes.gif

Very best,

Well... DT770Pro 32 ohm is the best selling version in my country.

So Special request isn't that special :)

Google translated:
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.prisjakt.no%2Fproduct.php%3Fp%3D164505

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/559363/confused-by-different-versions-beyerdynamic/15#post_7568947

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #17 of 28
Well to answer the previous question, i dont mind aiming at other headphones but i tried the Ultrasone DJ1 and i was not impressed at all with bass quality and quantity (Same headphone as the 580 with different look?)

So would you say there is an improvement in SQ going from DT 770 to DT 990?

Basically, 200$ budget, better SQ then M50s, More base without killing the soundstage and mids and higher, power by a DIY SSMH.

I thought that the 990 fit the bill.

Jul 29, 2011 at 6:34 PM Post #18 of 28

Quote:
Well to answer the previous question, i dont mind aiming at other headphones but i tried the Ultrasone DJ1 and i was not impressed at all with bass quality and quantity (Same headphone as the 580 with different look?)

So would you say there is an improvement in SQ going from DT 770 to DT 990?

Basically, 200$ budget, better SQ then M50s, More base without killing the soundstage and mids and higher, power by a DIY SSMH.

I thought that the 990 fit the bill.

Heya,

I would say yes, there is an improvement going from DT770 to DT990. But it's not a huge increase. Sound stage is the immediate change, and the DT990 has that. They both have strong bass/treble and recessed mids. That's the nature of most bassy headphones at this price point. The beauty is that you can slightly EQ the mids up a bit and it becomes whatever you want it to be. Out of the DT7/8/9xx line, I definitely like the DT990 the best for an open-bassy can in that price range. To jump price range, I would immediately go to the Ultrasone 2900 (significant increase in cost). Alternatively, would be the HD650.

Very best,

Aug 9, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #20 of 28
FWIW I just bought some DT770 PRO 250ohm today and they sound exactly like the DT880 with an extra 3-5db down below 100hz.  They're not bassy at all in terms of quantity, they just extend down to 20hz a lot better.  Basshead cans they are not, and they are plugged right into my sound card at half volume which is giving me about 90db of sound. 

The only way I can see people complaining of the DT770 being a basshead can is if they were plugged into a high output impedance amp like you get with hi-fi stereos and tubes or if your pads were flat or something. 

That is all.

Oct 20, 2013 at 8:44 AM Post #23 of 28
  FWIW I just bought some DT770 PRO 250ohm today and they sound exactly like the DT880 with an extra 3-5db down below 100hz.  They're not bassy at all in terms of quantity, they just extend down to 20hz a lot better.  Basshead cans they are not, and they are plugged right into my sound card at half volume which is giving me about 90db of sound. 

The only way I can see people complaining of the DT770 being a basshead can is if they were plugged into a high output impedance amp like you get with hi-fi stereos and tubes or if your pads were flat or something. 

That is all.

I've had the DT 770 Pro's (80 Ohms) for a week now, still breaking in I guess. Far from being a basshead in my view / ears as I agree the recessed mids are quite evident while bass and treble sound tight and controlled to me. In fact where it seems to be lacking a tad (once again in my experience) is in the midbass region if anything. Clarity is great, no distortion and very nice and easy sounding i.e. very little fatigue in prolonged hearing, the treble, bass and mid (to an extent) comes out very clear only I wish it had a tad more presence / quantity in the midbass which is what I'm most interested in sound wise.

Still very good cans I have to admit. I've tried them on various players, phones, iPods / iPads as well as on my McIntosh D-100 (nice headphone amp) and in every case got a similar response -good natural sounding, comfortable, nice isolation, everything is there but I wish 10% more midbass.

Cheers from Argentina

Oct 20, 2016 at 9:13 PM Post #24 of 28
Hey!

I'm wondering what DT770 pro headphones would be good for me.

I listen mostly to classical/orchestra music with a side of gaming, and coming from a pair of AKG K550s, it could be a tall order. I considered the DT880s and DT990s , but they are a no go to me, living in a noisy place, so closed headphones are a must. I'm looking between 32ohms and 250ohms, I considered the 80ohms but I heard it was really really bass heavy (please correct me), which may not be suitable.

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry for the massive necro I thought I was posting on one of the big 770 threads, but I had multiple windows up, go figure 
frown.gif
 If a mod can move it to http://www.head-fi.org/t/702948/beyerdynamic-dt770-pro-250ohm-impressions-thread/345 it would be appreciated, thanks.

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:07 PM Post #25 of 28
Hey!

I'm wondering what DT770 pro headphones would be good for me.

I listen mostly to classical/orchestra music with a side of gaming, and coming from a pair of AKG K550s, it could be a tall order. I considered the DT880s and DT990s , but they are a no go to me, living in a noisy place, so closed headphones are a must. I'm looking between 32ohms and 250ohms, I considered the 80ohms but I heard it was really really bass heavy (please correct me), which may not be suitable.

Thanks!

Edit: Sorry for the massive necro I thought I was posting on one of the big 770 threads, but I had multiple windows up, go figure :frowning2:  If a mod can move it to http://www.head-fi.org/t/702948/beyerdynamic-dt770-pro-250ohm-impressions-thread/345 it would be appreciated, thanks.

Have you looked into dt660 they have highest praise for classical similar to T1. Someone reputable on here claimed they were best closed for classical. Also closed. 32 ohm. They're also very cheap at the moment last I saw 79US

Seems better than dt770 for that genre but not all genre. There is thread on dt660 .

Oct 20, 2016 at 11:41 PM Post #26 of 28
Have you looked into dt660 they have highest praise for classical similar to T1. Someone reputable on here claimed they were best closed for classical. Also closed. 32 ohm. They're also very cheap at the moment last I saw 79US

Seems better than dt770 for that genre but not all genre. There is thread on dt660 .

I've actually tried the DT660 for over a week because of that suggestion, but I sent it back because of it's sound that were sibilant and shrieking at the high end, and made listening to even some orchestral pieces painful to listen to.

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #27 of 28
  I've actually tried the DT660 for over a week because of that suggestion, but I sent it back because of it's sound that were sibilant and shrieking at the high end, and made listening to even some orchestral pieces painful to listen to.

I don't know the scientific lingo but i remember it be ummm "acoustic shock" or summat like that, which i got with the dts b/c my other cans have somewhat rolled off high end which allow me to crank volume up. Now, this resulted in inferior clairty.

I play with my xb1k at full volume with amp (ocean) at 9-11, thought with dts 9 max with source volume at 100. I can crank to vol 100 on mobile phone.

So with lower reasonable volume and brain burn in or "burn in" they do classical/bluegrass well, and when i need bass fix i go to xb1k for nightclub sound.

I listened to Chesky tracks and very surprised at the capability of 660

cons being less comfy with headband than premium/pros of higher dts as the headband seems same OEM as ultrasone dj models (some of them)

anyway, sorry it didn't work out

but for others interested i'd say give it a month audition with some EQ'ing and reasonable volume, it isn't a sony fun signature/forgiving can :d

Users who are viewing this thread

Back