Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro - Limited Edition, 32 Ohms
Jul 23, 2014 at 11:32 AM Post #616 of 679
I liked the D600 more than the Momentums. It has a clearer midrange, without the "cupped hands" sound that the MDR1R and Momentums have, but it's still warm and bassy.

Neither the D600 or DT770 are anything like the K550. Both are much bassier, although the DT770 has neutral-bright mids like the K550. If the K550 was too bright/had too much treble for you, you probably won't like ANY Beyerdyamic cans, including the 32 and 80 ohm DT770s. They are pretty bright and treble-y.

I haven't heard the 518 so I can't offer any comparison, however I will say the DT770 has a much more neutral tone than any Sennheiser I've heard other than the HD800; Sennheisers are notoriously warm and lush. The D600 is warmer like Senns.

If I were you I would look into those D600s; they are warm and smooth like the Momentums, but a bit more neutral/real-sounding with a bigger soundstage. I'm surprised they aren't more popular than they are; they have a big, full, smooth sound and are much more fashionable than most cans discussed here on Head-Fi. You might also want to check out the UE6000, they are also very stylish and have a really impressive sound for the price: good soundstage, balanced presentation (nothing overshadows anything else or stands out like a sore thumb), and plenty of bass. They are super versatile. The D600 scale up more with better amps and sources, and are built better, but they sound about equal (not the same; the D600 are warmer) from a portable source and the UE6000s are more portable (smaller and foldable). If you plan on using them more on the go, the UE6000 would be the safer bet, but it looks like you have portable cans you like, so I'd go with the D600, personally.
I liked the D600 more than the Momentums. It has a clearer midrange, without the "cupped hands" sound that the MDR1R and Momentums have, but it's still warm and bassy.

Neither the D600 or DT770 are anything like the K550. Both are much bassier, although the DT770 has neutral-bright mids like the K550. If the K550 was too bright/had too much treble for you, you probably won't like ANY Beyerdyamic cans, including the 32 and 80 ohm DT770s. They are pretty bright and treble-y.

I haven't heard the 518 so I can't offer any comparison, however I will say the DT770 has a much more neutral tone than any Sennheiser I've heard other than the HD800; Sennheisers are notoriously warm and lush. The D600 is warmer like Senns.

If I were you I would look into those D600s; they are warm and smooth like the Momentums, but a bit more neutral/real-sounding with a bigger soundstage. I'm surprised they aren't more popular than they are; they have a big, full, smooth sound and are much more fashionable than most cans discussed here on Head-Fi. You might also want to check out the UE6000, they are also very stylish and have a really impressive sound for the price: good soundstage, balanced presentation (nothing overshadows anything else or stands out like a sore thumb), and plenty of bass. They are super versatile. The D600 scale up more with better amps and sources, and are built better, but they sound about equal (not the same; the D600 are warmer) from a portable source and the UE6000s are more portable (smaller and foldable). If you plan on using them more on the go, the UE6000 would be the safer bet, but it looks like you have portable cans you like, so I'd go with the D600, personally.

The d600 are on the level of the super famed d2000 to you?
The problem of the k550 was the lack of bass and body too the sound. Headphones like the hd25 or the v6 are trebly but they have a nice low end too even things.
Returning to the denons, indeed there is little info or reviews about them... Reading the amazon reviews makes you think the d600s are too bass heavy, colored, bulky and with not that good build...

One of the things í loved on the momentums is the resolution. Its almost palpable...But maybe i am a weird guy... Many people, actually most people like open headphones, í like a nice soundstage but i like closed headphones more...

Dec 11, 2014 at 9:16 PM Post #617 of 679
The d600 are on the level of the super famed d2000 to you?
The problem of the k550 was the lack of bass and body too the sound. Headphones like the hd25 or the v6 are trebly but they have a nice low end too even things.
Returning to the denons, indeed there is little info or reviews about them... Reading the amazon reviews makes you think the d600s are too bass heavy, colored, bulky and with not that good build...

One of the things í loved on the momentums is the resolution. Its almost palpable...But maybe i am a weird guy... Many people, actually most people like open headphones, í like a nice soundstage but i like closed headphones more...

True that. But I like K550 for casual listening when you want less bass in your music

Jan 19, 2015 at 8:19 PM Post #618 of 679
Hello guys,
I own a DT770 32 PRO (not LE edition) but I think that's a good idea to ask here.
Have anyone tried these with the Schiit Vali ? =]

Feb 6, 2015 at 5:20 PM Post #619 of 679
I have a great pair of 32 ohm DT-770 Limited Editions for sale.   They are amazing for the price.  This is the review that inspired me to buy them:http://www.headfonia.com/the-beyerdynamic-we-love-dt770-anniversary-edition/  I have developed hearing loss and have sold all of my other audio gear but these and two custom cables: mini to mini and mini to RCA.  I am motivated.  Please make me an offer.

Thank you,
Brooks

May 21, 2015 at 1:32 AM Post #620 of 679
I woke up early, had a meeting scheduled at 10. As a exchange college student life during summer it's a melancholic: everybody left the campus but you still desire to have a good time. The weather was not-so-good (mental note syracuse weather). The first day of 3 of colder weather. Recently my roommate bought me sandwiches, we use to eat by night but I was really down for some light head. I manage to prepare my own sandwich but my chef skills were sucking. I grab my nokia 920, running spotify premium (mental note spotify) and my DT770/32. Before arrive in Syracuse, I had done some research about which headphone might be a good choice, a good all-rounder, for any cases. After few weeks on the run (unfortunately - or not - without knowing this forum), I decided to buy the DT770. the 32ohm one (because it was the cheaper).  

On the beginning, I wasn't impressed. It was just a brigther sounding hp. there is bass. mids... whatever, I can hear them.
Then I bought Fiio E10K (it sounded more bassy), then Fidelio X2(made it sound thin, lifeless, cold) and Magni 2 u (AWSOME SOUNDING).

Okay. After 40 minutes of walk, I ate my sandwich. It sucked. But worked just a little. 
I got back to my building and lay on the grass and the random gives me Colours of Life by Temples. I was beneath a tree, it was windy and cold but the sun was making its presence be noticed. The wind made the leaves rumble and the sun changed the colors of the leaves to yellow.

By my head, pumping, blocking 70/80% of the environment noise, making me hear that punchy bass, and highs defined. With no pressure on my head -- absurdly comfy.
The sound I could trust -- always sound the same, wherever you plug it.

This is a headphone for laying on the grass and enjoy life, they can go anywhere (mental note anywhere). It's a mate for good moments.  

Jun 1, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #621 of 679
Could anyone compare the size or even show a picture of these vs the Audio Technica ATH M50's? I have a rather small head and the M50 (which I have) is probably the biggest I could do .  

Jul 15, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #623 of 679
  Yes!  You might have to stretch them a little, but they fit fine.  I haven't used the original pleathers since I switched to these.  I prefer the sound and comfort.  Isolation seems better too.

Do the pads stay oval or do they become round when you put them on the 770? (talking about the NVX XRE100S Replacement ComfortMax pads)

I want a little more vertical space to fit my ears without them touching the pads at the top and the lower end. If these are oval and a little thinner than the original leather pads that come with 770 32ohm, then I'll be in luck!

Jul 15, 2015 at 2:51 AM Post #624 of 679
I got the 32 ohm version thinking I'd be able to use them on portable devices without an amp. However, I read somewhere that the DT 770 32 ohms actually require more power than then 80/250 ohm versions. Is this true? I have noticed that they sound a bit quite unless I put the volume on high but I figured that's normal. Would investing in an amp/dac be worthwhile? I've been looking at the Fiio E12 but I really don't know too much about amps. Any recommendations?

Jul 15, 2015 at 9:43 AM Post #625 of 679
I got the 32 ohm version thinking I'd be able to use them on portable devices without an amp. However, I read somewhere that the DT 770 32 ohms actually require more power than then 80/250 ohm versions. Is this true? I have noticed that they sound a bit quite unless I put the volume on high but I figured that's normal. Would investing in an amp/dac be worthwhile? I've been looking at the Fiio E12 but I really don't know too much about amps. Any recommendations?

My 32ohm sounds awesome on Magni2u on High Gain. The bass is even more punchy, highs are smoothed. Mids remain the same. I lose some volume control, however. 
On low gain, the SQ is about the same but with way more volume control. I used to listen to it with E10K and it was a good combo. I could have more bass without loosing anything =]

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #626 of 679
Do the pads stay oval or do they become round when you put them on the 770? (talking about the NVX XRE100S Replacement ComfortMax pads)

I want a little more vertical space to fit my ears without them touching the pads at the top and the lower end. If these are oval and a little thinner than the original leather pads that come with 770 32ohm, then I'll be in luck!

The pads I'm using are from the Jaycar\Digitech version of the FA-003. The pads become mostly round but still do have a slight oval to them. When not being worn the pads appear thicker than the stock 770 pleathers. However, they compress more than stock pads, thus bringing the driver closer to the ear.

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:53 AM Post #627 of 679
The pads I'm using are from the Jaycar\Digitech version of the FA-003. The pads become mostly round but still do have a slight oval to them. When not being worn the pads appear thicker than the stock 770 pleathers. However, they compress more than stock pads, thus bringing the driver closer to the ear.

Thanks a lot. Looks like these headphones weren't meant for me, then.

Jul 15, 2015 at 10:54 AM Post #628 of 679

I've listened to the LE with small portable amps (e11&e12) and they do sound more refined when amped. However, they do just fine unamped.

Jul 15, 2015 at 11:41 AM Post #629 of 679

Just got my DT700 Pro 32 Ohm. Dunno about 80 and 250 Ohm versions but with AK100 Mk2 they need more power than T70p that are also 32 Ohm impedance headphones. First impressions: treble is less hot, bass is bigger but less controlled compared to T70p. They are also less airy, analytical and detailed than T70p, but very likable all the same.

Could some burn in change their sound?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back