Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80 or Ultrasone Pro 550?
Apr 1, 2012 at 11:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Omnom

100+ Head-Fier
Well I am looking for a really good pair of headphones in the $100USD-$200USD price range and these came up.
Which one is better for gaming and listening to music?
Does anyone have any idea where I can get the DT 770 Pro 80's from other than Amazon for cheaper. I live in New Zealand and I was going to get them off amazon, but if i am to get the 770 then I will need to know a place that will send them worldwide to New Zealand. If anyone has any idea of where that would be great. Also the main thing is, is which one is better??
Thanks heaps guys
Oh and what you reckon about the Ultrasone Pro 550 or the Pro DJ1?
Thanks again :)

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #2 of 7
DJ1 Pro (Pro 550) are one of most underrated phones IMO. It has very large soundstage, although some people do not like the S-Logic thing. They have clear mids and smooth highs, no hint of metallic sound or honky sound, tight and punchy bass with very good mpact amped or not. This is based on my A/B comparison between DJ1 (HFI 580), DJ1 Pro and Pro 750.

I have read a comparison review between M50 and Dj1 Pro and the reviewer claimed DJ1 Pro sound inferior because they have larger soundstage and therefore less upfront, but I believe most would think large soundstage is a good thing.

Compared to DT770. DT770 have more bass, but need a good amp to tighten the bass. The DT770 out of my LD I++ have tighter bass than out of ibasso D6. DT770 are a little warmer and muddier than DJ1 Pro. The vocals on Dj1 Pro are more clear but not as full bodied as DT770. To me the difference is quite big, hard to say which is better than the other.

Apr 2, 2012 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 7
Ohk so what do you think is better?
By the way I am not interested in purchasing any amps thats why im looking at these 2 as they don't need them for ipods.
So Dt770 has better bass than the 550? and the DT770 sounds better than the 550?
What is better?
Thanks for the reply though :)
do you know where to buy the dt770?

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:15 AM Post #5 of 7
I thought my original post has answers to all your questions regarding sound. In head-fi unfortunately often times, no phones are definitely better than the other in the same tier. When I was new to this, I often asked the same question which is better. Now I know there is no simple answer to that. However, I can tell you that DT770's bass is unacceptably boomy to me unamped and therefore I would prefer Pro 550 any day unamped. You may want to study the "more bass" and "better bass" thing.

Quote:
Ohk so what do you think is better?
By the way I am not interested in purchasing any amps thats why im looking at these 2 as they don't need them for ipods.
So Dt770 has better bass than the 550? and the DT770 sounds better than the 550?
What is better?
Thanks for the reply though :)
do you know where to buy the dt770?

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:48 AM Post #6 of 7
Yeah Im kinda of looking for the better bass so would you say the dt 770?
Although I will be wearing this in public so what is your opinion about which looks better?
I listen to due step, rock, pop, pretty much most genres. Which is better for that?
Thanks

Apr 5, 2012 at 11:36 AM Post #7 of 7
if your looking for bass , then the DT770 pros are the way to go in my opinion. but like andychen was saying, its all preference. the 770's will run good off a Fiio E7 in public, if you have it with an ipod, its not really that big. one thing is that if your like me, i walk around with alot of people and the DT770's are closed so its your talking to people or listening to music. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back