Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250 amp/dac mainly for gaming
May 31, 2014 at 11:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

corbyone

New Head-Fier

First time poster here and I wanted to start out by saying you guys and gals have a terrific site here filled with all kinds of information. I only found this site a few days ago in doing some research for my headphones and it kept coming up with useful posts, reviews, and opinions. SO kudos to all of you for making this place what it is. Now on to the purpose of this thread.

I just ordered a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 250ohm for use on my computer (desktop) mainly. I mostly game and listen to music. I'm not a real audiophile of headphone junkie (yet). I like lots of different music from country to old school rap to classic rock. The main focus for me is gaming however. I'm mainly an MMO player but I'm looking for an all around kinda of set-up so I can be flexible. I know I will need an amp of some kind to really listen and get the most out of to the 770s I ordered. I read on here about lots of different DAC/Amp combos and standalone units but I'm not sure what is going to suit my needs. I have on-board audio (realtek something, I forgot) so I figured I could upgrade that as well but don't really want to go the sound card route. I'm looking to spend as little as I can and still get something reliable and will do the job. I've mainly been looking at the FiiO E7, E07k, E17, and Schitt modi/mangi combo. But I'm not tied to them in any way. I will say I like the idea of a portable unit so I can take it w/ me to use with my laptop or iphone/ipad, but that is not a sticking point.

Sorry for making my post this long but I wanted to get it all out. I'm kinda new to this side of the audio world so if I left anything out please ask or let me know. Max budget is under 200 but would prefer to spend less. Thanks in advance.

edit
I moved this to the correct forum Sorry.

May 31, 2014 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 5
At your price point, I think you're looking at the right stuff.  Schiit Magni and Modi are a good value for the money.  I'd recommend it if portable use isn't a requirement.

Jun 1, 2014 at 2:32 AM Post #3 of 5
Hi i have a question about the same thing, will there be and significant delay by using a dac for instance Fiio e07k, compared to the build in on my motherboard?

Jun 1, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #5 of 5
At your price point, I think you're looking at the right stuff.  Schiit Magni and Modi are a good value for the money.  I'd recommend it if portable use isn't a requirement.

+1 to M/M stack. I have an E10 as well for my laptop on the go but I prefer the Magni when at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back