Beyerdynamic DT 770/80 vs Custom One Pro's Quick Comparison
Nov 8, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #46 of 104
Quote:

Yah, they're definitely not cheap but the thought of having the 770's at 32ohm is very very tempting. Plus they look kinda sexy so I may have to check them out 

I agree, as one of the reasons I got the COPs was because I'd be using my iPhone for listening. I do with they came with black velour pads instead of pleather, though. That's kind of an odd decision for a limited edition version of a set that normally comes with plush velour.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:13 PM Post #47 of 104
Quote:

I agree, as one of the reasons I got the COPs was because I'd be using my iPhone for listening. I do with they came with black velour pads instead of pleather, though. That's kind of an odd decision for a limited edition version of a set that normally comes with plush velour.

Yah that was kinda of strange. Why take one of your best features and leave it off of the LE model?? Not really sure on that one. 

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #48 of 104
I wonder if Mr. Demon can do a little test of the COP with the velour pads...

In terms of:

*Overall sound changes
*Comfort / clamp force
*Noise cancellation / leak

It will be greatly appreciated!
wink_face.gif

Nov 15, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #49 of 104

In terms of:

*Overall sound changes
*Comfort / clamp force

It will be greatly appreciated! :wink_face:

Whoa whoa whoa, Mr Demon is my father :wink:

Actually I did just that. It was a mess...

1st the pads they provide are the only pads that should be used with the COP's. First step of switching them out was a breeze. They came off and put on very easily so that was a positive. First sound impression was the seal was a but gone and the bass all but disappeared. The COP's pleather pads are actually very good. The comfort level as is is top teir IMO. Better than most out there I've tried. The cans themselves are super light weight and pads have great cushion so no they aren't as plush as the velour but that's to be expected. But they did surprise me by how soft and light they were. One of my main issue with a lot of bass head cans (These don't really qualify but are close) is the feel of most pads and the ridiculas clamping force that comes with them. The COP's are actually on the other side of the scale. The Q-Audio M40's, HiFi-780's/580's will squeeze your eyes balls out but you almost forget the COP's are on your head... Well, that is until they bottom out on a low bass note or something along those lines... These were so close to being the ultimate buy for cans under $200 but certain things can't be pushed aside like detail and depth. Hopefully next time they'll put a little bit more time in on the sound vs the look and functionality.

Or just release a better version of the 770's with a 32 ohm rating... Oh that's right... They did :wink:

Nov 15, 2012 at 5:14 PM Post #50 of 104
Well im no expert, but from the little I've learned here I don't understand why some of you are "putting down" the COP against open or semi-open headphones when in reality open headphones are supposed to sound better by design?

We should stick to the DT770 (or other closed) vs COP comparisons. (Q40, UE, LP/LP2) Similar price range of course. 
wink.gif

Nov 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM Post #51 of 104
Speaking of closed cans, here's the new Superlux HD662EVO. Although this one has more of an AKG type design, I wonder why the DT770 hasn't evolved in to something more modern (but not too flashy) like this. They also have a semi-open version, the HD681EVO. 

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #52 of 104
Quote:
Speaking of closed cans, here's the new Superlux HD662EVO. Although this one has more of an AKG type design, I wonder why the DT770 hasn't evolved in to something more modern (but not too flashy) like this. They also have a semi-open version, the HD681EVO. 

Not bad at all!! A lot of companies are going the modern route. Some good some horrible... See new Velodyne over ear headphones... But this has to be the most drastic. Superlux was straight outta 1988 and for them to move to this is a bit of a surprise but well thought out. They look clean and light with no frills or gimmicks just a good looking can that isn't trying to scream look at me like a lot of the others players out there. Any idea on cost on when they come out?? 

Nov 15, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #53 of 104
img_HD662EVO_m.jpg

HD662EVO 
professional monitoring level headset

The best-selling models HD662 is the high cost of wearing closed headphones, with deep, rich bass, high, medium and low three-band with excellent balance, showing natural and high-resolution sound. Second generation HD662 EVO has a new shape, and the continuation of the first generation the HD662's voice descent. HD662 EVO in line with the requirements of the stage and studio professionals Philharmonic who loved listening headphones.

​

[size=medium] [size=12px !important]• 50 mm diaphragm speaker unit to reproduce precise sound and dynamic 
• closed acoustic design provides high noise barrier effect 
• aural design, can 
automatically adjust the headband comfort • prolonged use , and able to provide the most good with the degree 
• Two colors: black and white[/size]
[/size]

[size=medium] Type: Dynamic, closed-aural [/size]

drive unit: the Ø50 mm neodymium iron 
Sensitivity: 98 dB SPL (1 mW) at 1 KHz 
frequency response: 10 - 30,000 Hz 
Maximum output power: 200 mW 
Rated impedance: 32 Ω 
earmuffs: leatherette 
wire: 2.5 m straight, unilateral outlet 
fittings: threaded lock connector into the gold-plated stereo 3.5 mm 
Weight (with cable): 286 g / 10.05 oz 
with the goods Accessories: Carrying pouch, 3.5 mm/6.3 mm gold-plated stereo adapter (thread type) 
replaced the parts: EPK662 earmuffs kit (including one pair of earmuffs and a pair of dust-proof sponge piece)

Got this off of their site 

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:50 AM Post #54 of 104
Quote:
Quote:

In terms of:

*Overall sound changes
*Comfort / clamp force

It will be greatly appreciated!
wink_face.gif

Whoa whoa whoa, Mr Demon is my father
wink.gif

Actually I did just that. It was a mess...

1st the pads they provide are the only pads that should be used with the COP's. First step of switching them out was a breeze. They came off and put on very easily so that was a positive. First sound impression was the seal was a but gone and the bass all but disappeared. The COP's pleather pads are actually very good. The comfort level as is is top teir IMO. Better than most out there I've tried. The cans themselves are super light weight and pads have great cushion so no they aren't as plush as the velour but that's to be expected. But they did surprise me by how soft and light they were. One of my main issue with a lot of bass head cans (These don't really qualify but are close) is the feel of most pads and the ridiculas clamping force that comes with them. The COP's are actually on the other side of the scale. The Q-Audio M40's, HiFi-780's/580's will squeeze your eyes balls out but you almost forget the COP's are on your head... Well, that is until they bottom out on a low bass note or something along those lines... These were so close to being the ultimate buy for cans under $200 but certain things can't be pushed aside like detail and depth. Hopefully next time they'll put a little bit more time in on the sound vs the look and functionality.

Or just release a better version of the 770's with a 32 ohm rating... Oh that's right... They did
wink.gif

Well that's too bad. I have velour pads on the way and was hoping for good comfort without any sacrifice in sound. Not that the stock pads are uncomfortable, but I thought the velour might stay cooler. Oh well, I'll try them out and see for myself. Thanks for your feedback though!

Nov 17, 2012 at 9:54 AM Post #55 of 104
Quote:

Well that's too bad. I have velour pads on the way and was hoping for good comfort without any sacrifice in sound. Not that the stock pads are uncomfortable, but I thought the velour might stay cooler. Oh well, I'll try them out and see for myself. Thanks for your feedback though!

I'd be interested in your second opinion on how the velour pads effect the sound. Thanks.

Also, do your ears get sweaty real fast with the pleather pads?

Nov 17, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #56 of 104
Quote:

I'd be interested in your second opinion on how the velour pads effect the sound. Thanks.

+1 on this too. I was also planning on getting the velours for my COP...
frown.gif

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:32 AM Post #57 of 104
For those that are thinking about the COP's or the M-100's here is a great review of the V-Moda's!

http://www.headfonia.com/style-and-power-vmoda-m-100/

The guys at Headphonia seem to like the COP's more than the M-100's I haven't read the entire review yet but I'm very curious to see what they think about the most hyped headphones this year. 

Nov 18, 2012 at 11:52 PM Post #58 of 104
[color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]WOW! That was a great review! It's going to be very depressing to a lot of readers but it was still great to hear. To me it sounds like the M-100's are direct comparisons to those "dreadful rapper headphones (smiles)" and thats not exactly the best group of cans to compare yourself to now is it... There are so many horrible things I can say about that but I'll keep those comments to myself thank you :) I didn't have the highest of hopes for these cans once I saw that they changed from being On ear to Over ear which gave away the plan for these. They listened to the people that said that the M-80's lacked bass and [/color][color=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)]decided to "fix it" and ended up making it compete with the Beats instead of other lets say quality headphones... [/color]

Nov 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #59 of 104
Quote:
Quote:

Haven't tried yet, I received the pads at the office Friday and didn't have time to swap them out, and as these are my office headphones, I won't see them till Monday. But no at the moment my ears don't get sweaty with the pleather pads, but that may change during warmer months. It gets a little warm because I'm not used to over the ear headphones, but it doesn't bother me much. The pressure from the band at the very top of my head is the most bothersome thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back