Beyerdynamic DT 1990 PRO - Beyer's open-back mastering headphone
Oct 26, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #2,101 of 4,774
It'll be worth the wait. Trust me...

Oct 26, 2018 at 4:24 PM Post #2,103 of 4,774
Haven't heard the Hifimans and have no desire to now I've got the DT1990

Oct 26, 2018 at 4:27 PM Post #2,104 of 4,774
That these companies aren't investing in improving their products, they fell asleep and focal took all of them by storm, that's my point.Focal could destroy the competition if they only tuned their headphones differently but they French STUBBORN.Moral of the story is. .no perfect headphone out there, to be honest I hate headphones but I'm searching for something that puts speakers to bed.Wanna listen to headphones and not think about taking them off and listening to my speakers,is that clear enough for you Kelly?
This would work better if Johnny Rotten was yelling it at me.

Oct 26, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #2,111 of 4,774
Mate, come on. You are already talking yourself out of them. Give them a few days for brain burn in and I'm sure you will soon appreciate them for what they are. Honest headphones. I did not like them at 1st as I perceived them to be bass light. If there is bass/sub bass in the mix you will feel it and more importantly hear it - balanced pads.

Listen to this when you get them;

https://www.innerfidelity.com/content/test-music-appreciating-and-evaluating-headphones-or-hi-fi

I own the E-MU teaks which I am currently selling as they now have too much bass for me. My basshead days would appear to be over.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2018 at 5:00 PM Post #2,112 of 4,774
Mate, come on. You are already talking yourself out of them. Give them a few days for brain burn in and I'm sure you will soon appreciate them for what they are. Honest headphones. I did not like them at 1st as I perceived them to be bass light. If there is bass/sub bass in the mix you will feel it and more importantly hear it - balanced pads.

I own the E-MU teaks which I am currently selling as they now have too much bass for me.
Mate can I just say something? I've read the reviews on the beyerdynamic Dt 1990 and the Dt 1770 and they say the Dt 1990 has the most amazing detailed bass,more sub bass and mid bass than the Dt 1770 but the Dt 1770 has more punch, now I've heard this in reviews a million times so it must make sense but I haven't a clue what it means

Oct 26, 2018 at 5:38 PM Post #2,114 of 4,774
Not having heard the 1770's I really cannot compare but in this instance it is probably as simple as open vs closed. The 1770's may also be tuned differently.

Somebody else can chime in here but I'm not even sure if the drivers are the same.

1st track to listen too would be giorgio by moroder Random Access Memories Daft Punk. Any doubt about the bass would evaporate.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back