Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions
Jan 16, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #3,001 of 3,701
That's awesome! Glad to hear the LG V30 meets your needs!

I would only get the xCAN then if you felt the V30 wasn't loud enough. The xCAN literally has TWICE the amp volume output of the xDSD, which is already plenty loud IMO.

No I mean when I tap on the Quad DAC icon in your Notification Pane and it takes you to its Settings page..............which two digital sound filters have you chosen?

When you answer, please let me know ALL the options for each, so I can remember which ones I chose.
There is a difference between being loud enough and properly driven, but to each their own. Put those DT1770's on a desktop amp, made for headphones, and you will hear what they can REALLY do.

Jan 16, 2019 at 2:33 PM Post #3,003 of 3,701
The DT1770, have scaled up everytime I put them on a better desktop amp. They sounded ok out of the Magni 2 uber, then I got the Valhalla 2 and they sounded amazing, then I tubed rolled a WE396A into the Valhalla 2 and they were even more amazing, then I put them on my Jotunheim and they got even better. Lastly, I am using them now, with my Lyr 3 and they are perfect. Imaging, seperation, soundstage width, dynamics, bass impact and quality, and finally the treble all improved each time I went up. . .

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #3,004 of 3,701
That's awesome! Glad to hear the LG V30 meets your needs!

I would only get the xCAN then if you felt the V30 wasn't loud enough. The xCAN literally has TWICE the amp volume output of the xDSD, which is already plenty loud IMO.

No I mean when I tap on the Quad DAC icon in your Notification Pane and it takes you to its Settings page..............which two digital sound filters have you chosen?

When you answer, please let me know ALL the options for each, so I can remember which ones I chose.

Here's a screen shot:

Capture+_2019-01-16-19-54-24.png

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #3,006 of 3,701
The DT1770, have scaled up everytime I put them on a better desktop amp. They sounded ok out of the Magni 2 uber, then I got the Valhalla 2 and they sounded amazing, then I tubed rolled a WE396A into the Valhalla 2 and they were even more amazing, then I put them on my Jotunheim and they got even better. Lastly, I am using them now, with my Lyr 3 and they are perfect. Imaging, seperation, soundstage width, dynamics, bass impact and quality, and finally the treble all improved each time I went up. . .

Ok. I believe all that to be true. But unless you try out the V30 or esp the xDSD, we won't know how they compare. The V30 is considered THE audiophile phone by many people, including me, with the V20 being a close second (not sure on V40 yet. I've heard mixed reviews). The HTC 10 (which I also used to have) was pretty amazing too. Very well-reviewed, and it had a secondary DAC that it used vs. the Snapdragon one too.

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:39 PM Post #3,008 of 3,701
Which one is listed as being "natural" sounding? The Short or the Sharp?? I'm 99% sure I had it on Short.

What are the 3 options for the Sound Preset? I KNOW I didn't have mine on Normal.

The sound presets are Normal, Enhanced, Detailed, Live and Bass
Digital filters are Short (produces a more spatial and ambient sound), sharp (produces a more natural sound) and slow (produces a clearer sound)

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:53 PM Post #3,009 of 3,701
The sound presets are Normal, Enhanced, Detailed, Live and Bass
Digital filters are Short (produces a more spatial and ambient sound), sharp (produces a more natural sound) and slow (produces a clearer sound)

Ahh ok........... I remember now. I had Enhanced and Sharp, NOT Short. So much for that 99%! LOL

So try those and lemme know what you think. I felt they sounded the most natural and therefore were the best, as the Sharp's description mentions.

Jan 18, 2019 at 11:20 AM Post #3,010 of 3,701
Be interested to hear if people have experience of the Dekoni hybrids AND sheepskin pads for the 1770s. Planing to pull the trigger on one, but not both, sets. I think it was @RockStar2005 who preferred the sheepskin, while Joshua Valour (Youtube video creator) spoke highly of the hybrid. Any opinions out there?

Jan 18, 2019 at 12:00 PM Post #3,011 of 3,701
There is a difference between being loud enough and properly driven, but to each their own. Put those DT1770's on a desktop amp, made for headphones, and you will hear what they can REALLY do.

That is an excellent point. These need to have sufficient power to make them come alive and provide the fullness they can deliver.

Jan 18, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #3,012 of 3,701
Be interested to hear if people have experience of the Dekoni hybrids AND sheepskin pads for the 1770s. Planing to pull the trigger on one, but not both, sets. I think it was @RockStar2005 who preferred the sheepskin, while Joshua Valour (Youtube video creator) spoke highly of the hybrid. Any opinions out there?

@RockStar2005 - I quite like the higher treble emphasis on the 770s and wondered if you would recommend either the Hybrid or Sheepskin to generate that effect? (though not too much!)

Jan 18, 2019 at 7:04 PM Post #3,013 of 3,701
@RockStar2005 - I quite like the higher treble emphasis on the 770s and wondered if you would recommend either the Hybrid or Sheepskin to generate that effect? (though not too much!)

Well I've only tried the 1770, not the 770. But for me, the sound (including treble) was great either way. But the Dekoni sheepskin leather provided better isolation than Dekoni hybrid one, so therefore, stronger and more deeper (aka better lol) bass. But of course not overbearing by any means.

Gotta have that isolation IMO! So yeah.

Jan 19, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #3,014 of 3,701
Anyone compared these to LCD 2 closed version, Denon D7200, or the T5p? Currently have Amiron Home with Sony ZX 300 and looking for a closed can that sounds as good as the Amiron.

Jan 20, 2019 at 8:40 AM Post #3,015 of 3,701
Well I've only tried the 1770, not the 770. But for me, the sound (including treble) was great either way. But the Dekoni sheepskin leather provided better isolation than Dekoni hybrid one, so therefore, stronger and more deeper (aka better lol) bass. But of course not overbearing by any means.

Gotta have that isolation IMO! So yeah.

Thanks, I've ordered the Dekoni sheepskin. I plan to use the 1770s on the go, so isolation is important for me, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back