1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Beyerdynamic DT-1770: Product Info, Discussion and Impressions

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vartan, Aug 5, 2015.
First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209
Next

Last
  1. bcaulf17
    I think it’ll be a matter of taste like everything but the FR just looks smoother, dips and peaks look more correct. Zeos likes them better than the 1770 and other early reviews have been only positive.

2. kman1211
    It’s possible it’s the same driver. But it’s likely tuned differently. I know that the DT 1770, DT 1990, and Amiron Home drivers are all tuned differently as they still sound different after driver swapping. Haven’t heard the Amiron Wireless. Didn’t realize they used a 4 pin cable on the DT 177X Go, that’s interesting.

3. bcaulf17
    I think Massdrop is developing cables for future release that are compatible with the 177X

They’ve been hitting it out of the park lately.

4. JoshG1217
    20190430_120446.jpg I would note that I have the Brainwavz XL pads on it, and took out that piece of cloth that sits on the driver. Both of those improved the sound. I actually preferred it to my Amiron's after making these changes. Just ordered a dampening/mass kit from custom cans UK as well.

5. JoshG1217
    Anyone tried the Dekoni round pleather pads on these? I have the brainwavz, which fit, but require cutting the back. Wondering if the Dekoni is better in that regard

RockStar2005 likes this.
  6. RockStar2005
    Hey Josh...............I didn't try the Dekoni pleather pads, but instead, the Dekoni sheepskin pads. I found them to be superior to the pleather pads that come with the 1770. I know earlier in this thread someone compared the Brainwavz sheepskin pads to the Dekoni sheepskins pads, and found the Dekoni sheepskin ones to be superior to THOSE as well. So, I HIGHLY recommend you consider the Dekoni sheepskin pads. But if not, I'm sure their pleather ones will not let you down.

JoshG1217 likes this.
  7. JoshG1217
    Thanks. I'm actually a vegan, so sheepskin is a no go for me. I have the round XL now. Frankly, the extra space in the pad improves the SQ and soundstage, just as going from the stock pad to the pleather round did when you remove the cloth on the driver, too. They sound really good, imo. However, I had to sew the back a bit to make them fit after cutting them and it's a bit janky. I like the idea of the Dekoni just slipping over the bracket vs being hacked together.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  8. RockStar2005
    YW!

Oh ok. Cool. I have a couple friends who are vegan too.

Yeah lol........... I would never go that far with it. Just give me ones that fit and let me enjoy. lol I guess just get the pleather ones then. Dekoni is a great company, so I really doubt you will be disappointed with them.

9. JoshG1217
    I'll probably pick them up and do an A/B with the XL rounds. I did that with the standard BW rounds, and again, the Xl just sounded better. More space, I guess. I actually use mine in the gym, so I waterproofed the pads and the headband with some leather shoe spray. Seems to work.

RockStar2005 likes this.
  10. RockStar2005
    Sounds good!

11. bcaulf17
    So I think I’m going to join the 177X drop and I’m very excited but there’s one thing I keep thinking about...a lot of people say it’s difficult to change the pads.

Through my reading, it seems the sound is more on the thicker and warmer side with the leather, and it also isolated better. I prefer that kind of sound. But I’m assuming the headphones will come with the velours applied. Are there any tips or tricks to pad installation?

Also to note, I don’t think the come with the Beyer leather, but sheepskin pads I think made by Dekoni (according to Zeos?)

RockStar2005 likes this.
  12. JoshG1217
    Easy to swap. Vids on YouTube I think, but an intelligent person can figure it out

13. bcaulf17
    But I’m not very intelligent LOL :)

14. JoshG1217
    Grip your fingers inside the cup and gently pull off. To reinstall, find the angled part of the ring, and place the pad so the inner liner sets between the ring the cup, and then rotate it. If there are pieces sticking out after a full rotation, continue to rotate, or grab a credit card and push the liner in.

bcaulf17 likes this.
  15. GNR4EVER
    does anyone know the serial # batch range of when beyer fixed the dt1770 driver issue??

RockStar2005 likes this.
First

Back
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
208 209
Next

Last