Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
Nov 6, 2008 at 1:38 PM Post #91 of 2,575
I'm selling the DT100 velour pads.
If anyone is interested, PM me.

Nov 6, 2008 at 7:58 PM Post #92 of 2,575
Just an update on the Garfield "Softie" earpad covers I ordered: I find them to be excellent! The main gripe I had against the DT150 pads was the fact that they got rather hot when listening for an extended period and stuck to my face.

These earpad covers are made of chenille which is very soft and supposedly warm in cold weather and cool in hot weather. I can attest to the fact that my ears no longer sweat or get irritated.

When they first arrived I was really disappointed because the "Softies" are circular in shape so I thought they would not fit on the rectangular DT150 pads. After a little bit of careful stretching the elastic I was able to get them over the pads. They don't seem like they will come off unless I mean to take them off.

One more thing that some of you may be wondering is whether these affect the sound. I can assure you the DT150s sound the same as before (which is great by the way), but now they are just more comfortable. So ends my thorough Garfield Softie review. You can find them at B&H Photo here: Garfield | Headphone Softie - Earpad Covers - Black | SGARHS1

Nov 22, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #93 of 2,575
To solve the sticky nature of the pads, I covered the pads with felt.
I placed two sided adhesive tape on the earpads, and put black felt on it
Works great, no more sticky.
The advantage is the earpads not being round, so the tape can be easily placed.
Maybe I do it again with velours for even more comfort.
Still love the DT150 a lot
beyersmile.png

Edit: the felt was to itchy. So I put velour on them.

Edit 2: the surface of the pads are too stiff because of the tape. I removed the tape, bought textile glue, and glued the velour on the earpad. That's better, softer.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #95 of 2,575
Quote:

Originally Posted by Draupnir /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have you heared other headphones?

Not sure if theres a sonic resemblance with it's grand father, the 48's.. But they pretty much own in Jazz.. Not saying the best, as preferences varies.

Nov 23, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #96 of 2,575
I tried them at the Jaben Pro shop with some Shure mics..and man..my voice hasnt sounded so natural ever..maybe the mics were good but i think it was DT150 producing my voice in such a natural tone..

great for monitoring voice for Radio jockeys

Nov 23, 2008 at 10:38 AM Post #97 of 2,575
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I tried them at the Jaben Pro shop with some Shure mics..and man..my voice hasnt sounded so natural ever..maybe the mics were good but i think it was DT150 producing my voice in such a natural tone..

great for monitoring voice for Radio jockeys

Yes, they handle voices very well.
But they are also great for pure hifi enjoyment. All kinds of music: rock, pop, folk, jazz.....
And I have heard quite a lot of headphones to compare.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #99 of 2,575
I'm still enjoying my DT150 with the iBasso D3 DAC/Amp. I have some Westone 3's coming in the mail this week, so my DT150 might take a backseat for a while. We'll see...

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:51 AM Post #102 of 2,575
Sad to say I use iTunes almost exclusively. I have my iBasso D3 setup as a DAC/Amp, and I leave all EQ's off. It sounds great to me, and I only have high bit rate mp3 and aac files. I have so much music that making the transition to lossless seems like an impossible task.

Dec 11, 2008 at 5:07 AM Post #105 of 2,575
Right now I'm using the DT150 with my iBasso portable DAC/Amp and I really never use it portably, so I was wondering what would be a better desktop alternative in the <$300 price range. Anybody got any advice? I'd like to make sure and have good synergy with the DT150.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back