Beyerdynamic DT 150: Bloody Brilliant!
May 18, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #1,921 of 2,575
I didn't know those would fit. The pad opening is quite a bit smaller than the stock pads though are they not?

Edit: Just found these on eBay, they are interchangeable with the dt150 correct? Link

HM5 pads do look small but what I've seen from photos and read aswell, they seem to fit perfectly to dt150. I think also that oval shape might feel more natural against the head, while dt150 & dt100 rectangular pad shape felt at first little weird. Dt100 pads are still very comfy when got used to them and sound is great.

Your eBay link might be aswell the same where I got my dt100 pads.

May 18, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #1,922 of 2,575

HM5 pads do look small but what I've seen from photos and read aswell, they seem to fit perfectly to dt150. I think also that oval shape might feel more natural against the head, while dt150 & dt100 rectangular pad shape felt at first little weird. Dt100 pads are still very comfy when got used to them and sound is great.

Your eBay link might be aswell the same where I got my dt100 pads.

May 18, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #1,925 of 2,575
  these are Fischer Audio FA003 (HM5 clone) pads, comfort is better, the sound also, i dont have dt100 pads

Cool thanks, velours are much better than dt150 stock pads, usually comfort is also better. I like dt100 pads, but I feel there's still room for comfort improvements, even though they are already way more comfy than stock pads. But currently I should consider pad upgrade for my Hifiman HE-400, so dt150 pad upgrade is not main priority.

May 18, 2016 at 6:09 PM Post #1,927 of 2,575
Have you just tried the stock pads and stretching/reshaping the headband (it's a very malleable steel bar); can be perfectly comfortable at least to me, andit  sounds as it was designed to do by Beyer

May 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,929 of 2,575
  i tried, but the stock pads are so stiff and i loose the seal and the bass,  is not working for me

Patience is required and it's worth it; they soften and form to the shape of your head 
beyersmile.png

May 18, 2016 at 6:15 PM Post #1,930 of 2,575
oh i don't know, another pads dilemma, i had the same with the NightHawks, with velour pads the sound is crystal clear and spacious, but you lose a lot of isolation, pleather pads make the bass a little bit tick and overall sound is less clean

May 19, 2016 at 10:50 AM Post #1,931 of 2,575
  oh i don't know, another pads dilemma, i had the same with the NightHawks, with velour pads the sound is crystal clear and spacious, but you lose a lot of isolation, pleather pads make the bass a little bit tick and overall sound is less clean

Changing pads form the original will always be a lottery for any headphone. This seems to be a bit of a headfi obsession which is beyond me I'm afraid.

Its always 'Ive just got these amazing new headphones that sound perfect due to the manufacturer spending hours and hours carefully fine tuning it.  Now what pads will fit it or how can this be modded ?!?'

Check out the Meze 99 Classic thread for another prime example. Seems another superb closed headphone with rave reviews but people are already desperately changing pads (even though the Meze are able to supply the early adopters with the new lager pads free of charge if they want them)

May 19, 2016 at 12:21 PM Post #1,933 of 2,575
Changing pads form the original will always be a lottery for any headphone. This seems to be a bit of a headfi obsession which is beyond me I'm afraid.

Its always 'Ive just got these amazing new headphones that sound perfect due to the manufacturer spending hours and hours carefully fine tuning it.  Now what pads will fit it or how can this be modded ?!?'

Check out the Meze 99 Classic thread for another prime example. Seems another superb closed headphone with rave reviews but people are already desperately changing pads (even though the Meze are able to supply the early adopters with the new lager pads free of charge if they want them)

It's a fun and cheap way to fine tune a headphone to change the sound.

Most of the time I see it, they are doing it for a specific reason, that being comfort or something about the sonic character they don't quite like.

May 19, 2016 at 12:39 PM Post #1,934 of 2,575
Each to their own. Live and let live
It's just not for me :cry:

May 19, 2016 at 1:37 PM Post #1,935 of 2,575

T50rp with Alpha pads/Alcantara pads
D7/5/2 k Lawton pads
HE 400/500/6 Vegan pads/Focus pads
JVC SZ2000/ any other pad

Lots of significant improvements that would not be discovered if not for trail and error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back