Beyerdynamic Custom Ones! New Beyer headphones!
Nov 13, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #467 of 963
i start to doubt my ears, found them boring and just soso out of the box and so far i can not feel any improvement over time.

Panasonic RP-HTF600-S is way much more fun for like 15% of the price. I felt kinda ripped off.

Nov 14, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #470 of 963
Hi all,

Loving these!

I was just wondering what portable player and amp you guys are using with your COP's - currentyly using a clip+ and fiio e5 (i definitely notice extra clarity with the amp) but would like to see how good I can get these to sound. Looking at an E11 with appropriate player/line out combo as an improvement.... any advice/views appreciated.

Cheers,

Lee

Nov 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM Post #471 of 963
I've had the COPs a few weeks but purchased an FiiO E11 and line out to use with my iPhone.

The sound has GREATLY improved. First, I'm able to use the lower bass settings (probably one click lower than before) and get the bass I want. The sub-bass that I wasn't really noticing before is now awesome. I feel the soundstage has expanded quite a bit, I'm really loving the sound now. Everything just sounds more alive.

All depends on the music, of course. I've been playing a fair bit of electronic music this week in order to fully appreciate the difference. But even with some of the rock I've listened to, I may not hear sub bass but the music still feels more alive.

So I'm quite pleased with my COPs now. 
smile_phones.gif

(I also tried the E11 with my Klipsch S4 IEMs yesterday and was blown away by the improvement in sound)

Nov 14, 2012 at 10:12 PM Post #472 of 963
That is very good to hear. I have the FiiO E11 myself and I am going to buy the COP soon. I was going to buy the DT770 Pro80, but the lower profile of the COP and the shorter removable cable are a must for me. I haven't heard the DT770 myself but I trust you guys when you say that the 770 sounds better. But I am willing to sacrifice a little bit of SQ in favor of my needs.

And if my deal goes as planned, I am going to get my COP for dirt cheap!
very_evil_smiley.gif
...so that evens it a little bit more for me.

BTW, for those of you who hasn't seen them, I found 2 video reviews from this guy (who I find to be pretty reliable) and he likes the COP's a lot. He even did a second video comparing the COP to the M50.

Nov 15, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #473 of 963
Quote:
Yea... this is one I'll have to demo my self... as there so much mixed reviews here... 

Yea I'm also puzzled, because some people are really praising it bigtime, others are not liking it at all and what's more weird is that it's usually those with more experience with headphones that seem to like it more DESPITE it's a bass focused headphone...

Yea weird, would be nice to demo this headphone somewhere

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #474 of 963
Quote:

Yea I'm also puzzled, because some people are really praising it bigtime, others are not liking it at all and what's more weird is that it's usually those with more experience with headphones that seem to like it more DESPITE it's a bass focused headphone...

Yea weird, would be nice to demo this headphone somewhere

*sigh* maybe one day I can head up to a Head-Fi meet and can party hardy with these guys! But if people are comparing it to ATH-m50 then I can get an idea of what it sounds like. Its a basic Bass Head can, so it should be pretty dark, recessed high and the potential for a little resonace and loose bass... still I like Byers and I'm sure I'll own these at some point ;3

Still wanting the XB1000 for my BASS HEAD can <3, and the prices are going dwn :D

Nov 16, 2012 at 9:30 AM Post #475 of 963
Quote:
*sigh* maybe one day I can head up to a Head-Fi meet and can party hardy with these guys! But if people are comparing it to ATH-m50 then I can get an idea of what it sounds like. Its a basic Bass Head can, so it should be pretty dark, recessed high and the potential for a little resonace and loose bass... still I like Byers and I'm sure I'll own these at some point ;3

Still wanting the XB1000 for my BASS HEAD can <3, and the prices are going dwn :D

I have both and I honestly can not say the M50 sounds the same as the COP, at all.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #477 of 963
Well...my new cans are on the way. For some time I was debating between the COP, DT770, and the Q40. Mine will be for portable use so I decided to go with the COP. If only the DT770 had a removable cable option so that I can use a non-coiled shorter cable I probably got them instead. And I am not the DIY type when it comes to headphones, and getting somebody to work on them for me is another investment.

Between the COP and the Q40, I prefer the "Beyer look" way more and it seems also that the COP is a little less bulky which is a plus for me. In regards to the bass sliders, I do not plan to be messing with those every 5 minutes (really don't care about them too much), so I will find a "sweet spot" setting between the COP and the E11 and be on my way. Any other frequencies that need adjusting I will use the clip zip (rb) and create a couple of custom presets.

And now the waiting game...
frown.gif

Nov 16, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #478 of 963
I too am liking some of what I read on these and some stuff scares me.

I'm looking to move up from my K81 DJs that the earpads are starting to flake. I like bass, but don't listen to bass heavy music. I love a live sound to my music which generally is a tad heavy on bass. DMB, Pearl Jam, Led Zepp, 90s rock and 90s rap are generally my listens.

I too am looking for portable headphones. Wish these came with a case, but love the detachable cable and love I can adjjust the bass output. I just hope the crisp clarity of the other instruments are not hidden. I was thinking Phillips L1 or DT1350s but these sound intriguing to me.

I hate that instead of the range of reviews being awesome to ok, we are getting fantastic to awful.

Hmmmmm

Also, I see way more customizing options in beyers advertisements than what is actually available? They have a white model and brown model that look great in pics, and the replacement head plates are also limited compared to what are in some advertisements. Are they coming out with more?

Nov 16, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #479 of 963
Quote:

I have both and I honestly can not say the M50 sounds the same as the COP, at all.

Of course the details are not the same, but Chocolate Cake is Chocolate cake, if that makes sense. BOth cans will have DEEP rich bass and since they are both closed they should suffer from the same faults. But the details make them different... and details are o so important. My point is if your looking at the ATH-M50, the COP might be another good option. I of course choose XB 700 over ATH-m50 so I went with Dark Chocolate over Milk, once again illustrating the importance of Details. Still though I've moved past Closed Bass cans :D, I think the Dt 990 is a step above in Bass Can'ed ness, simple because it's an open bass can... which means it's like Chocolate PIE xD. You know I wanna try me an OPEN bass can :3

xD mmm Chocolate bass... just imagine that you guys :D

Nov 16, 2012 at 6:12 PM Post #480 of 963
"Chocolate Cake...Dark Chocolate over Milk...Bass Can'ed ness...Chocolate PIE...Chocolate bass..."

LOL wut

Users who are viewing this thread

Back