Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Review
Nov 16, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #31 of 434

Thanks for the review. These have me very interested. I was thinking Phillips L1 after a week of changing g my mind over several other options but now I am leaning towards these. I love the option to change the level of the bass. I am a bass fan, not a bass head. I listen to DMB, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, but I love the live sound of music, which tends to have stronger bass.

I also want clarity. I need to hear the geeeetar strings and horns, but feel the tight thump in bass. Te fact I can switch fairly easy according to the song I am listening to, makes these sound good to me. I wish they were a little more portable and came with a case, but I can live with that.

,I do fly fairly often so isolation and leakage are important to me, and I think these will pass the test.

I am a tad scared though as there seem to be so many polar opposite reviews. Not all good to great, but from awesome to awful. That is a bit worrisome.

Nov 18, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #32 of 434
Downgrade?
I totally retired my hd-25's after getting the COP's.
I even prefer them over my Amperior and dt-770 pro anniversary.
Comfort to my ears, physically and sonically.

Nov 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM Post #34 of 434
For me it's:

COP > 770AE = Amperior > hd25

The sibilance in all but the COP's, I can do without. Which has me grabbing for my COPs most of the time.
Maybe my ears are just sensitive to high frequencies.

Nov 19, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #35 of 434
Decided to go for it. Paid $137 for them! 

Seems like overall there is a lot of positive feedback on the COP and especially at that price, I wouldn't want to miss it... Though I don't really  need the headphones..

Nov 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM Post #36 of 434
Quote:
Decided to go for it. Paid $137 for them! 

Seems like overall there is a lot of positive feedback on the COP and especially at that price, I wouldn't want to miss it... Though I don't really  need the headphones..

I bought a pair as well. You sell them to me when you're bored of them, I would like a pair for work and home : D

Nov 20, 2012 at 12:41 AM Post #37 of 434
I picked one up, feeling sorry for my wallet. $150 with shipping is good value for an Australian who has to pay $299 to get them locally and over $200 from overseas (not including shipping).

Nov 20, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #39 of 434
To jump on it or not, 116€ + 15€ shipping is not a lot... damn I hate this place... constantly the headphones keep shouting at me "BUY ME... BUY ME... YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO... BUY" ahaha

It's just the frequency response doesn't quite match perfectly, it's there but still not quite what I'm looking for. Position 3 (2nd bassiest matches the best)

Nov 21, 2012 at 5:53 AM Post #41 of 434
Just grabbed some from Massdrop. $150 inc shipping to the UK - great deal!
If anyone else is interested I suggest you send Massdrop an e-mail. I got in on the deal after it ended. The more buy the cheaper they are.

Nov 22, 2012 at 4:21 AM Post #43 of 434
Ha ha ha.... had a wee go at customization.

Just got some gloss photos printed, cutout round the metal plates with my 'stanley knife' and... voila

10 courtesy points to the first person to recognize the logo!

Nov 22, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #44 of 434
Looks like the logo of the Galactic Empire in Star Wars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back