Beyerdynamic custom one pro plus vs hd25 vs dt770 vs ath-m50x (dont they deserve a little more praise?)
Mar 15, 2016 at 6:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Pedro Oliveira

1000+ Head-Fier
Hi guys.... Sorry for starting this thread but this week i got a very positive surprise and i cant help to ask other users what they think about the beyerdynamic custom one pro plus.

I am a guy that already had a lot of high praised headphones like the ath m50x, hd25-1 II, sony mdr v6 and 1r, sennheiser hd598, momentum over ear, dt770 pro 80ohm akg k550 and others.....

Until this week i owned on my collection the hd598, the ath m50x and the dt770. Then i was offered a deal for my ath m50x.... A beyerdynamic custom one pro plus and 100 euros... Not that i did not like my m50xs but i thought it was a nice way to make money, get basically the chance of getting the beyers for free and try them to see if they are garbage as many claim....

To my surprise i actually liked the cop plus.... Really thought i was going to ditch them easilly and trade them for ath m50x or hd25 again but now i am having second thoughts because i think this beyers are really nice and worth a shot.... Very smooth signature and with some nice agressive texture on the sound for stuff like punk rock, nice kicking bass (not as much as the m50x but enjoyable), super comfy, well built.... Its like having a smoother m50x with added confort and soundstage....

I am basically oppening thisbthread because i was thinking.... Dont you guys think this cops plus deserve a bit more praise?

How do you guys think they compare against the headphones i just listed....?

Just trying to understand why so many hate these cops when IMO they are not very far behind (if behind at all) in terms of sound quality....

What do you guys think?

By the way, i use the cop plus on setting 3 and mostly listen to indie, pop, rock, punk rock and trance.

Cheers....

Mar 16, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #3 of 4
I've gotten a lot of mileage on my COP and I enjoy it very much. Not sure what the plus part is. I would take that deal though. You could almost get another M50 to boot.

Mar 16, 2016 at 1:11 PM Post #4 of 4
I've gotten a lot of mileage on my COP and I enjoy it very much. Not sure what the plus part is. I would take that deal though. You could almost get another M50 to boot.

Thank u for your reply. :)

I accepted the deal. Now i have a cop plus and 100_euros to spend on a new hd25 or m50x... :p

Really enjoying the cop. The m50x may be more coloration free but i dont think the cop is very far behind and is far more confortable. The cop plus is the curent custom one pro. It cames with a extra cord with mic and extra plates.

Have you ever compared the cop to the headphones i listed?

Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back