Beyerdynamic Byron/Soundmagic e10
Mar 13, 2018 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Eisenberk

New Head-Fier
Hello there!

I need a new earphones because my Xiaomi hybrid pair is dying. After a week of searching and reading reviews, i think that i got my two pretenders. i must say i also have a Technics rp-dj1210 that sounds very good.

I read all the threads in this forum that talks about the byrons but still i dont know what to do. Some say e10 doesnt have bass, some say that bass is very good,punchy and powerful, Some others say byrons have a very good bass, others that is not punchy. I mean what¿?. Imo bass needs punch, tone, and rumble, i cant imagine missing one and saying "very good bass". I am not an audio expert its just me. Some reviews aren't helping me sadly.

To be honest i don't know if i am a basshead, but i do like bass, a lot. I love when the bass-drum kicks in and i listen the thump and feel the rumble. I listen electronic music, techno mostly. So if my body shakes when the bassline is rolling, i am happy. Anyways i am not that guy who sacrifices everything just to get the bass like an "L" eq, i need some detail, some life.

So.. what do you think?

Beyerdynamic Byron or Soundmagic e10?

i am about to buy the byrons but some insights would be appreciated. If anyone can help or share an experience with them... Bass related.. Music related.. How its compare to the Xiaomi hybrid,etc..Also if anyone knows some model around the same price that satisfy my needs, would be very, very nice.

Thanks in advance and have a nice day!

Mar 13, 2018 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 11
The reason I think you are getting different information about the 'rumble' and bass of the E10 is isolation. If you take the time to get tips that allow you to isolate super-well, then the bass will be outstanding. If you do not do that, then the bass will likely disappoint you. It is all about tip fit and isolation with the E10. The Byron does have slightly better bass when compared to un-isolated E10, but not if fit and isolation are good. Then, they are on a par with one another. Just my take and YMMV, of course.

Mar 14, 2018 at 7:07 AM Post #3 of 11
The reason I think you are getting different information about the 'rumble' and bass of the E10 is isolation. If you take the time to get tips that allow you to isolate super-well, then the bass will be outstanding. If you do not do that, then the bass will likely disappoint you. It is all about tip fit and isolation with the E10. The Byron does have slightly better bass when compared to un-isolated E10, but not if fit and isolation are good. Then, they are on a par with one another. Just my take and YMMV, of course.

You are probably right about the bass. So in general which do you think its better for electronic music and maybe a little basshead person. I also have in mind the sennheiser cx 5.00, idk if u know about it.

Mar 14, 2018 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 11
You are probably right about the bass. So in general which do you think its better for electronic music and maybe a little basshead person. I also have in mind the sennheiser cx 5.00, idk if u know about it.
Haven't heard the Senn but yeah, I think with good isolation the E10 bass is awesome. Gotta have that isolation.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:00 PM Post #7 of 11
I don't know yet... i even considering the sony mdr-xb50ap or the sennheiser cx 300 ii. I read a lot about the byrons and the more i read the more think that e10 is more suitable for electronic music by not overpowering the mids. Sadly i cant go to the shop and test them.

Mar 14, 2018 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 11
Thank you for your time serman. Yeah people say nasty things about their bass.

Btw i always use an EQ, my pc's always have a EQ running at OS level, my phone too. Running a v-shape with a bit more emphasis on the bass side. Maybe this way i should just buy a GOOD earphones (e10 for example) and then spend some time tweaking the frequencies. Damm man, overthinking a 40€ buy, what am i doing ha-ha.

Apr 22, 2018 at 2:09 AM Post #10 of 11
I am also between these two. Which one did you get? I am sure I am not a bass head, so I will buy the one you did not :D. I have questions about fit and build of Byron also, if someone can answer that will be great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back