Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
May 15, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #2,131 of 2,667
May 15, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #2,132 of 2,667
Thanks! They have quickly moved up to my second favorite phone behind only the DCA Aeon Flow X. I don't see them surpassing those as I've been doing direct comparisons between Amirons, AFO Xs, HD660s, and Sundaras since yesterday afternoon. The AFO Xs still stand out compared to all of the others but the Amirons are a solid #2 in my collection. They are really smooth yet detailed, which is the sound signature I prefer.

I haven't heard any of the DCA headphones, so no idea what to expect. I'll give the Aeon Flow X a listen sometime if I have the chanceI don't personally have the Amiron Home's anymore, it's been replaced by the T1.3 and T1.2. They are, honestly the Amiron Home, T1.2, and T1.3 are all smooth yet detailed. That's the high-end audiophile Beyer sound signature.

May 15, 2021 at 3:41 PM Post #2,133 of 2,667
I haven't heard any of the DCA headphones, so no idea what to expect. I'll give the Aeon Flow X a listen sometime if I have the chanceI don't personally have the Amiron Home's anymore, it's been replaced by the T1.3 and T1.2. They are, honestly the Amiron Home, T1.2, and T1.3 are all smooth yet detailed. That's the high-end audiophile Beyer sound signature.
Based on what I'm hearing with the Amirons I would really like to get my ears on some T1s.

May 17, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #2,134 of 2,667
So I've been listening to the Amirons directly out of my LG V35 phone this morning just out of curiosity. I wasn't expecting much honestly but figured what the heck, I'll try it. It sounds surprisingly better than I thought it would. It doesn't get super loud but it is louder than expected. Certainly loud enough for work around the office (I have my own office at work so I can get by with open-back phones). My go-to work setup to date is the 58Xs directly out of the phone which has worked fantastic for this purpose.

I'm going to have to do a comparison between the 58X, 660s, and Amiron directly out of the phone for work purposes. I briefly compared the 660s to the 58X directly out of the phone a couple of weeks ago and thought the 58X was actually better when powered just with the phone. I don't remember the 660s sounding as good as what the Amirons are currently sounding like directly out of the phone. I need to do some direct comparisons to be sure. I have to say though I'm pleasantly surprised with what I'm hearing with the Amirons.

May 17, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #2,136 of 2,667
The T1.2 are softer, almost fuzzier. But has better soundstage. I could easily take either but prefer the Amiron personally.
That's great to know. Definitely going to have to get my ears on a T1. Have you heard the other versions of the T1 (i.e.T1.1 vs T1.2 etc.) and if so which do you prefer?

May 17, 2021 at 4:16 PM Post #2,137 of 2,667

Since I asked Twizzleshnizzle this I'll ask you also, which of the T1 versions do you prefer?

May 17, 2021 at 4:24 PM Post #2,138 of 2,667
Since I asked Twizzleshnizzle this I'll ask you also, which of the T1 versions do you prefer?
I prefer the gen 3 to the gen 2, but I like both enough to keep. But it’s also more different sounding in terms of tuning to the Amiron than the gen 2. The gen 3 is fuller, meatier, more dynamic, and darker than the Amiron Home. Whereas the gen 2 is more akin to the Amiron Home in terms of tuning but a bit smoother, fuller sounding, more resolving, and better imaging but I find the Amiron to have more sub-bass, a little more engaging, and a clearer overall sound to the gen 2.

The gen 2 would likely fight with the Amiron for head time whereas the gen 3 won't. I only settled on the gen 2 over the Amiron Home due to better comfort (both are very comfortable but I preferred the deeper earcups of the T1) and the slightly more refined sound despite liking the Amiron Home more in a few ways.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 4:50 PM Post #2,139 of 2,667
I prefer the gen 3 to the gen 2, but I like both enough to keep. But it’s also more different sounding in terms of tuning to the Amiron than the gen 2. The gen 3 is fuller, meatier, more dynamic, and darker than the Amiron Home. Whereas the gen 2 is more akin to the Amiron Home in terms of tuning but a bit smoother, fuller sounding, more resolving, and better imaging but I find the Amiron to have more sub-bass, a little more engaging, and a clearer overall sound to the gen 2.

The gen 2 would likely fight with the Amiron for head time whereas the gen 3 won't. I only settled on the gen 2 over the Amiron Home due to better comfort (both are very comfortable but I preferred the deeper earcups of the T1) and the slightly more refined sound despite liking the Amiron Home more in a few ways.
Thanks for the reply! It sounds like the gen 2 and 3 both have their merits. I do like the fact that the gen 2 has a 600 ohm impedance as I prefer to run my dynamic driver phones on an OTL tube amp when I can.

May 18, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #2,141 of 2,667
Thanks for the reply! It sounds like the gen 2 and 3 both have their merits. I do like the fact that the gen 2 has a 600 ohm impedance as I prefer to run my dynamic driver phones on an OTL tube amp when I can.
They both do, I do find the gen 3 more revealing and a bit better technically but which sounds better depends on the amp and for OTL tube amps the gen 2 is the obvious choice. The gen 3 is probably the most efficient headphone I’ve owned, it takes nothing to drive them but it is very revealing of the quality of the system. Honestly do wish I still had the Amiron Home honestly as like both of the T1’s they are one of the only headphones I could exclusively live with as my only headphone.

Last edited:
May 18, 2021 at 5:21 PM Post #2,142 of 2,667
They both do, I do find the gen 3 more revealing and a bit better technically but which sounds better depends on the amp and for OTL tube amps the gen 2 is the obvious choice. The gen 3 is probably the most efficient headphone I’ve owned, it takes nothing to drive them but it is very revealing of the quality of the system. Honestly do wish I still had the Amiron Home honestly as like both of the T1’s they are one of the only headphones I could exclusively live with as my only headphone.
That's how I now feel about my ZMF Aeolus haha, god this hobby is a money pit

May 18, 2021 at 5:48 PM Post #2,143 of 2,667
Jul 26, 2021 at 11:10 PM Post #2,144 of 2,667
I want to thank all the information here led me to purchase the Amiron home. it arrived today and I really like what I am enjoying. I spent nearly past 20 days or so reading T1, T1 3rd, and this thread and decided to go with Amiron Home and now I am relieved with my choice.

Listening almost 2 hour straight and man this thing is amazing.

Again, thank you all.

Jul 26, 2021 at 11:19 PM Post #2,145 of 2,667
The Amiron Home is a special headphone. It does something that most other warmish sounding headphones are not capable of doing. It gives you all of the detail that is present in the music. Many warm sounding headphones sacrifice detail retrieval. The Amiron excels at detail retrieval, but does so without being harsh, piercing, or fatiguing in the treble. It allows for hours and hours of music enjoyment without overwhelming the listener. You will get years of enjoyment out of the headphone. If you play video games as well, you should try the headphone. The soundstage on the Amiron is excellent, and you will hear exactly where everything is located within the gaming environment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back