Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:16 PM Post #2,116 of 2,667
Headphones are not new, they do the same with different sources.
Is the imbalance new? Were the Amiron Home headphones level balanced ok from the start?, and have now developed this imbalance over time?

It is possible the jack / internal wiring is "bad" and needs fixing as it is a "drop" in volume.

Even if not new you might be able to use your warranty to get them repaired.

I updated my last post, please refresh and check for options to adjust the output.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #2,117 of 2,667
Is the imbalance new? Were the Amiron Home headphones balanced ok from the start and have now developed this imbalance? Even if not new you might be able to use your warranty to get them repaired.

I updated my last post, please refresh and check for options to adjust the output.
It was good at first, of course the warranty expired. I don't use it very much in a PC environment. Source: CD, Tidal, LP. Balance adjustment on the amplifier. I took the headphones apart, there are no changes in my eyes.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #2,118 of 2,667
It was good at first, of course the warranty expired. I don't use it very much in a PC environment. Source: CD, Tidal, LP. Balance adjustment on the amplifier. I took the headphones apart, there are no changes in my eyes.
Good thing you have the Balance adjustment on the amp :)

Depending on age, quality of the solder / soldering job, the solder joints can go bad too. Reflowing the solder - add some flux - or remove the solder and start with a better solder + flux.

It could be the driver element too... sometimes they go weak, or similar joints / connections can go bad.

Even if your warranty is expired, you can still report the problem back to Beyerdynamic technical service - they might be interested in the problem enough to ask for it to examine. It might be some batch of drivers age poorly. I've had vendors fix out of warranty items due to potential component problems. If you can interest them in the problem, be nice and express clearly and succinctly the problem as you have here.

I wouldn't even mention your warranty is expired, include the serial number and a photo of your receipt for ID, and let them bring it up - then say you'll pay for the repair if necessary. Often if they find a component has gone bad due to their responsibility they will replace it for free, but might charge for labor.

Please let us know how it works out :)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #2,119 of 2,667
Jó, hogy az erősítőn van a Balance beállítás :)

Életkortól, a forrasztási / forrasztási munka minőségétől függően a forrasztási kötések is elromolhatnak. Forrasztás visszafújása - adjon hozzá némi fluxust - vagy vegye ki a forrasztást, és kezdjen jobb forrasztással + fluxussal.

Ez lehet a meghajtó elem is ... néha meggyengülnek, vagy a hasonló ízületek / csatlakozások megromlhatnak.

Még akkor is, ha a garancia lejárt, továbbra is jelentheti a problémát a Beyerdynamic műszaki szolgálatának - lehet, hogy eléggé érdekli őket a probléma, és kérik, hogy vizsgálják meg. Lehet, hogy néhány járművezető rosszul öregszik. Lehetséges alkatrészproblémák miatt kijavítottam a gyártókat a jótállási cikkekben. Ha érdekli őket a probléma, legyen kedves, és világosan és tömören fejezze ki a problémát, mint itt.

Nem is említeném, hogy a garancia lejárt, tegye bele a sorozatszámokat és a fényképet az igazolványról szóló nyugtájába, és hagyja, hogy előhívják - akkor mondd, hogy szükség esetén fizetsz a javításért. Gyakran, ha úgy találják, hogy egy alkatrész felelősségük miatt elromlott, ingyen kicserélik, de felszámíthatják a munkaerőt.

Kérjük, ossza meg velünk, hogyan működik :)
Köszönöm és beszámolok.

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #2,120 of 2,667
Headphones are not new, they do the same with different sources.
Same on what happened on mine, now the left side is totally dead. Too bad it is my favorite headphone :slight_frown:

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:10 AM Post #2,121 of 2,667
Same on what happened on mine, now the left side is totally dead. Too bad it is my favorite headphone :slight_frown:
Sorry to hear that. How long did it take from first notice to dead driver? Did you let Beyerdynamic know? It's not a stretch to think they would want to know about a long-term problem like that, you might contact technical services and see if they would be kind enough to replace the dead driver? :)

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:07 PM Post #2,122 of 2,667
Sorry to hear that. How long did it take from first notice to dead driver? Did you let Beyerdynamic know? It's not a stretch to think they would want to know about a long-term problem like that, you might contact technical services and see if they would be kind enough to replace the dead driver? :)
Happens maybe after a year, too hassle for me to report as mine was imported from eBay in US to PH. My unit has never been dropped, so it seems the QA failed on this one.

May 9, 2021 at 3:09 AM Post #2,123 of 2,667
I've found this relatively cheap balanced cable on ebay to be a marked improvement over the stock one specifically in the areas of layering, separation and dynamics. Overall a more holographic sound. Anyone have similar experience with cable upgrade?
1620544117574.png

Less than $50. :wink:

May 14, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #2,124 of 2,667
Just received these and have been listening for a couple of hours now. So far really enjoying these! My only complaint is the bass is a little loose and not defined as well as other phones I have. I've been running these on an OTL tube amp however so maybe this will change after switching to a tube hybrid or solid state amp. Will try shortly. I'm enjoying all of their other characteristics with the tube amp however so I'm having trouble stopping listening! Lol!

May 14, 2021 at 5:19 PM Post #2,125 of 2,667
I've been curious about the Amiron Home for a while. I have the Amiron Wireless which I enjoy, however from the sound descriptions in the reviews, they appear to have different sound signatures. What's really holding me back though is that I don't know if this is the right time to buy one. The Amiron Home was released around the same time as the T1 and T5p 2nd gen. Both of those headphones have been replaced with the 3rd gens. They have also changed there beyerdynamic logo from "///" to "y". The Amiron Wireless got a revision to the Amiron Wireless Copper and bares the new logo. So what's the future of the Amiron Home? Its been out of stock on Beyer's web store for a good while now.

May 14, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #2,126 of 2,667
I've been curious about the Amiron Home for a while. I have the Amiron Wireless which I enjoy, however from the sound descriptions in the reviews, they appear to have different sound signatures. What's really holding me back though is that I don't know if this is the right time to buy one. The Amiron Home was released around the same time as the T1 and T5p 2nd gen. Both of those headphones have been replaced with the 3rd gens. They have also changed there beyerdynamic logo from "///" to "y". The Amiron Wireless got a revision to the Amiron Wireless Copper and bares the new logo. So what's the future of the Amiron Home? Its been out of stock on Beyer's web store for a good while now.
I own both Amiron Home and Amiron Wireless Copper and I can tell: they sounds very different from each other. From what I've gathered, the Amiron Home is a heavily underrated headphone and yet it's one of the best headphones on the market. Words can't describe so I can't tell much but there is a good chance you won't regret.

The Amiron Home is a bassy sounding headphone while the treble is damn soft and you still hear all the details.

And regarding the stock, it could be due to covid bs. The Tygr 300R has been out of stock too for a while.

I'm pretty sad the Amiron Home doesn't have the Black/Copper like the Wireless Copper, otherwise it would have been a perfect pair, like a twin.

May 14, 2021 at 6:42 PM Post #2,127 of 2,667
Ok just switched these over to the Lyr. Bass is much tighter on it. Ahhh I'm really digging these.

May 15, 2021 at 2:20 PM Post #2,129 of 2,667
Thanks! They have quickly moved up to my second favorite phone behind only the DCA Aeon Flow X. I don't see them surpassing those as I've been doing direct comparisons between Amirons, AFO Xs, HD660s, and Sundaras since yesterday afternoon. The AFO Xs still stand out compared to all of the others but the Amirons are a solid #2 in my collection. They are really smooth yet detailed, which is the sound signature I prefer.

May 15, 2021 at 2:30 PM Post #2,130 of 2,667
Thanks! They have quickly moved up to my second favorite phone behind only the DCA Aeon Flow X. I don't see them surpassing those as I've been doing direct comparisons between Amirons, AFO Xs, HD660s, and Sundaras since yesterday afternoon. The AFO Xs still stand out compared to all of the others but the Amirons are a solid #2 in my collection. They are really smooth yet detailed, which is the sound signature I prefer.
Funny enough the Amiron were my daily driver until I bought the Aeon X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back