Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Feb 20, 2021 at 9:01 AM Post #2,102 of 2,667
Feb 22, 2021 at 2:27 PM Post #2,104 of 2,667
If you ask 141 pages of Amiron owners what headphones you should buy, the answer will probably be "Amirons" lol
Exactly hahaha. The Amirons are such sweet mellow high headphones, the ticket to the nirvana

Feb 22, 2021 at 2:57 PM Post #2,105 of 2,667
Have sold my amiron and DT770-250
Now i am looking for a portable beyer.
Want a fullsize Tesla.
What options are there? T5,T1 and 177x Go? Which are most engaging?

Only heard the T1.3 of those. So can’t say which I would say is the most engaging. I find the engagement level between the T1.3 and Amiron Home similar, but they’re different beasts. The T1.3 is technically better but it’s a darker, warmer, and bassier sound than the Amiron Home, which may or may not be what you want.

Mar 5, 2021 at 3:25 PM Post #2,106 of 2,667
Thanks to all of you, I am now a happy owner after years of DT880

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_212049.jpg
    IMG_20210305_212049.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 0
Mar 6, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #2,109 of 2,667
This is my favorite headphone among all that I had, but the sound on one channel becomes too low. I do not know why.

Mar 6, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #2,110 of 2,667
I had this headphone for a year and love it, but now it starting to creak. Anybody know how to fix this? I tried doing the repair thing on their website, but it's been a month and still no reply.
I removed the swivels with a T6 screwdriver and applied a tiny bit of silicon grease where plastic touches plastic, fixed it for me.

Apr 16, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #2,112 of 2,667
Hello! I noticed that the right side of the Amiron sounds quieter than the other. I'm playing balance for now, but that's not good. Any ideas?
First I'd try swapping cable ends to the cups to see if - without any other changes - the volume difference moves with the swapped cable ends. That will help determine if the source chain output or the headphone is louder on the right side. Also make sure you have good connections at the cups.

Please let us know how that test goes. :)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:00 PM Post #2,113 of 2,667
First I'd try swapping cable ends to the cups to see if - without any other changes - the volume difference moves with the swapped cable ends. That will help determine if the source chain output or the headphone is louder on the right side. Also make sure you have good connections at the cups.

Please let us know how that test goes. :)
There was a cable change, the said side is still quieter.

Apr 16, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #2,114 of 2,667
There was a cable change, the said side is still quieter.
Assuming it is new, I'd return it, and try again. :)

AFAIK there isn't anything you can do to fix the headphone, but you could increase the level in the source chain for the Right side - to increase the level in the Right ear - easy if you have EQ software set up already - set up an Amiron Home profile so you could swap in the attenuation for only that headphone.

I don't use normally use EQ, but I recently tried EqualizerAPO + Peace + crinacle / oratory1990 ParametricEQ's, and it would be easy to bump up the Right channel with a custom profile.

You could also do it temporarily in the Windows Sound Control Panel->Levels->Balance, but that would be for all headphones...

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #2,115 of 2,667
Assuming it is new, I'd return it, and try again. :)

AFAIK there isn't anything you can do to fix the headphone, but you could increase the level in the source chain for the Right side - to increase the level in the Right ear - easy if you have EQ software set up already - set up an Amiron Home profile so you could swap in the attenuation for only that headphone.
Headphones are not new, they do the same with different sources.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back