Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Sep 24, 2020 at 4:48 PM Post #1,966 of 2,659
I'm pretty certain it's the balanced pads I touted, not the analytical (I had to go back and check... Yes it's the balanced I use). The analytical don't sound good with the Amiron. The balanced don't make much of a difference to the sound, but they do make it slightly more spacious improving the soundstage slightly. They also provide a better seal, but oddly that doesn't affect the detail or bass (to my ears anyway). Finally, they look nicer, which is nice.

That's right. Also, quick question for you. You would think that this answer would be easy to find online but IT IS NOT: which one is which? Are the balanced the ones with four holes or holes all the way around?

Sep 24, 2020 at 4:55 PM Post #1,968 of 2,659
Sep 24, 2020 at 5:00 PM Post #1,970 of 2,659
Sep 24, 2020 at 5:18 PM Post #1,972 of 2,659
Although it will fit, it will sound different to the pads I described. Be prepared that pads can drastically alter the sound. The balanced pads I described don't alter the sound by much at all. If they do it's incredibly slight. If there's an aspect of the Amiron sound that you don't like, it's probably a better idea to replace it with another headphone instead of trying pads to fix them. It's a difficult thing to do, and can cost you lots of money in the process. If you want more bass why not try the 770 or 1770 headphone?

Sep 27, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #1,974 of 2,659
I think I will end up sending my pair back. The jacked up cable left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not really blown away by the sound for this price (even on sale at $350). I like my M570 more and they cost $180. The bass and soundstage/imaging are rock solid (better than M570) but the mids and highs seem veiled to me in a way that I wasn't expecting considering what I've heard about this brand. I agree that a pad swap is a must with these. They don't conform to your head like most other pairs I've enjoyed, they just aren't comfortable to me. I do love the headband though. The M570 have the opposite problem, nice pads and uncomfortable headband.

Sep 27, 2020 at 12:04 PM Post #1,975 of 2,659
I think I will end up sending my pair back. The jacked up cable left a bad taste in my mouth and I'm not really blown away by the sound for this price (even on sale at $350). I like my M570 more and they cost $180. The bass and soundstage/imaging are rock solid (better than M570) but the mids and highs seem veiled to me in a way that I wasn't expecting considering what I've heard about this brand. I agree that a pad swap is a must with these. They don't conform to your head like most other pairs I've enjoyed, they just aren't comfortable to me. I do love the headband though. The M570 have the opposite problem, nice pads and uncomfortable headband.

Just goes to show how individual and subjective both sound and comfort can be!

Hope you can find a can that ticks all the boxes for you.

Sep 27, 2020 at 1:41 PM Post #1,976 of 2,659

Yeah, but I'm still curious if the cable had more wrong with it than having the channels swapped (or if the headphones themselves had something wrong with them too). It would suck if that was the issue. I just don't feel like sinking more money into cables and pads to test it/get it to where I want it to be and then lose out on my return.

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:28 PM Post #1,977 of 2,659
Yeah, but I'm still curious if the cable had more wrong with it than having the channels swapped (or if the headphones themselves had something wrong with them too). It would suck if that was the issue. I just don't feel like sinking more money into cables and pads to test it/get it to where I want it to be and then lose out on my return.
You really should have sent it back purely for the cable issue. I'd you're really adamant to try them, get a pair from somewhere like Amazon (brilliant for returns) or second hand from some where like eBay. That cable issue is incredibly random and would make me lose all faith in my purchase.

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #1,978 of 2,659

It's incredibly subjective as you say. I adore my audioquest Nighthawks, to the point I've bought a second backup pair (and am even eyeing up a third). Other people hate the Nighthawk. That's the audio world for you.

Sep 27, 2020 at 4:36 PM Post #1,979 of 2,659
Yep, there are 7+ billions of humans on this planet and each are individual. It doesn't matter if there would be a headphone that costs more than a Bugatti car, if it does sound crap for you, it will sound crap for you :p

Oct 14, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #1,980 of 2,659
My pair suddenly have an imbalance, I need to reduce the volume on the right side by 50% just to get them even. It is only 9 months old and worst, the balance cable I purchase from Amazon that I am going to use just arrived.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back