Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90)
Oct 5, 2018 at 3:24 AM Post #1,353 of 2,667
Friends, did anyone try Amiron Home with Impacto dac/amp?
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/impacto.html

I'm curious if this tiny device can drive them with confidence.
I use the Beyerdynamic A20 and it drives them very well. Just got an Emotiva Big Ego DAC and WOW what a difference it made over the soundcard in my MSI GT72VR laptop. The Amiron Home's are now sounding like I was hoping they would sound when I got them, very clear, natural sound.

Very happy with this combo.
Watch Ebay, Craigslist and other used gear sites for used A20's. That's where I got my A20 and the Big Ego.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #1,354 of 2,667
I use the Beyerdynamic A20 and it drives them very well. Just got an Emotiva Big Ego DAC and WOW what a difference it made over the soundcard in my MSI GT72VR laptop. The Amiron Home's are now sounding like I was hoping they would sound when I got them, very clear, natural sound.

Very happy with this combo.
Watch Ebay, Craigslist and other used gear sites for used A20's. That's where I got my A20 and the Big Ego.

Thanks for sharing your experience DChrls. I'm using iDSD Micro, and I'm happy with that pairing too. But I was considering Impacto as more transportable alternative.

Oct 5, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,355 of 2,667
Hello my Amiron brethren, Amiron Homies if you will... just dropping by the thread, it's nice to see new people on the thread :)
42206901_2196633280621045_4362484559850242048_n.jpg

The Amiron are such pretty cans! I'm just not sure not whether I want those now or the T1.2 now that @kman1211 has shared his first impressions on those and compared them to the Amiron.

Oct 5, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #1,356 of 2,667
Personally I feel that the Amirons are a mess. They sound weird most of time. Some tracks do a really good job hiding the weaknesses of the Amirons, though. I've owned a plethora of Beyerdynamic cans and these are probably the most different of the bunch. Actually I'm tempted to say they might compare to the DT 440s that are the bottom line of Beyerdynamic's hifi-wannabe range, but the comparison isn't and shouldn't be fair.

My history with Beyerdynamic: DT 440, DT 440 Edition, DT 770, DT 880 Pro, DT 990 Pro, T 90 and now finally the Amiron and second-gen T5p. Soundwise I love the T5p but comfortability is lacking a little bit. I'm pondering about trying to tweak it by getting some Dekoni pads. Maybe I'll try swapping pads with Amiron or DT 990 but so far it hasn't worked with the other models either.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 8:46 AM Post #1,358 of 2,667
Friends, did anyone try Amiron Home with Impacto dac/amp?
https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/impacto.html

I'm curious if this tiny device can drive them with confidence.

I haven't tried the Impacto DAC but it seems that Beyerdynamic themselves have stated that this was specifically designed to be used with the Amirons (besides the T1.2 and T5p.2).
At the moment, i'm using them with an OPPO HA2se and as far as i'm concerned, they're a very good pair. The OPPO tends to output a bit of a brighter sound than what i'm used with but that's only noticeable in certain tracks and recordings.

Oct 6, 2018 at 11:03 AM Post #1,359 of 2,667
Basically Beyerdynamic is saying Impacto's "designed" for any of the three models of theirs that have a detachable split cable. That is because it's intended to replace the original cable altogether and be plugged straight into the headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #1,360 of 2,667
I've talked to Beyer's support, asking them to give me more info about Impacto - is it really powerful enough to drive 600ohms T1? They told me that it will be loud enough. But I didn't receive their answer about the quality of this loud sound - what about bass control, what about distortions on high volumes? Impacto is 11 times less powerful that IFI Micro iDSD, so I just can't understand, how can it work with T1...

Oct 7, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #1,361 of 2,667
Not sure this relates to the Amirons but I'd be wary of the Impacto if you want to for example watch movies on a laptop. Even my Aune X7s cannot deliver enough power for my T5p on a low gain setting although I can blow my ears off with it listening to music. I have to ramp up the gain at least half way in order to get enough loudness out of the headphones.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #1,362 of 2,667
Hey friends,

Currently bought Amiron mostly for portable use and I want to buy a shorter 4.4 mm balanced cable to pair it with Sony ZX300 Walkman.

With Sony WM1A, the sound is quite plentiful for me even out of single-end (and these two have a nice synergy) so balanced from ZX300 would be more than enough to sound good with Amiron (I assume).

Do you know where I should get a 4.4 balanced cable for Amiron, possibly with a nice price / performance ratio? (My budget would be at most 80 to 100 euros.)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #1,363 of 2,667
Just came across this review, was a little surprised that it was for the Amiron and not for the dt 1990. It seems like the dt 1990 gets most of the love here and most everywhere. I own the Amiron and really like them, have not had a chance to listen to the dt 1990, will soon .
On a other note, I noticed that the reviews on amazon have also lumped the Amiron Wireless in with the wired Amiron. I think this is a mistake and I wish Beyerdynamic would request a a separate review space for the wired. The wireless reviews have really brought down the great reviews for the original Amiron. Anyway here is the review for the original wired Amiron ! https://www.whathifi.com/beyerdynamic/amiron/review

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:04 PM Post #1,364 of 2,667

Users who are viewing this thread

Back