Beyer headband for Grado?
May 27, 2007 at 6:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

Agphoto

100+ Head-Fier
So on my 225s that I love, I now realize how much I dislike the standard Grado headband. my SR80s have a wide leather one that is fairly comfortable. But this vinyl one isn't so great.

I was curious, I've seen the beyer headbands that snap on ( 770s and 880s i believe ) and I'm wondering if those would fit right over the standard grado headband. If so, where would one aquire one of these headbands?

I'm sure it'll look kinda funny, but thats ok, Grados already look kinda funny
wink.gif

May 27, 2007 at 7:15 PM Post #3 of 17
any chance you have a pic i could see to show that?

I just need some kind of replacement headband, preferrably something with padding.

May 27, 2007 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 17
ah i see... dang that looks comfy though.

think it's worth it?

May 27, 2007 at 8:09 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by feh1325 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think the dt770 does

the one i have doesn't have a very good fit. only the first and last buttons are fastened

I think the ms2 has the wide leather headband, so the beyer headband should fit over the vinyl with no problems.

May 27, 2007 at 8:14 PM Post #7 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agphoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ah i see... dang that looks comfy though.

think it's worth it?

tough call...but i've always been curious and wanted one
plus, i was sick of having the poles being all the way up and slipping

May 27, 2007 at 8:24 PM Post #8 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rav /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the ms2 has the wide leather headband, so the beyer headband should fit over the vinyl with no problems.

you're right, that does look like the wider band.

now the interesting part. where would I find a beyer headband? lol

May 27, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #9 of 17
I would also like to know where to procure one of these super comfy looking headbands for my SR60s.
smily_headphones1.gif

If anyone has an extra one lying around they are willing to sell, send me a PM!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agphoto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
you're right, that does look like the wider band.

now the interesting part. where would I find a beyer headband? lol

May 27, 2007 at 9:36 PM Post #11 of 17
I saw that write-up and it looks fantastic, i just dont have the time to try and sit down to do it lol.

May 28, 2007 at 4:46 PM Post #12 of 17
Here is an easy fix: black foam + hotglue. [I used the foam included in the packaging of the 225s.] If you were better at cutting foam than I, you could make it look better. They are quite comfortable. I actually had to put some padding on the headband because the Grado's were too big for me. Do any other women have this problem (headphones being too big/loose)?

May 28, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #13 of 17
There are 3 standard Grado headbands, Wide leather, narrow leather, and Vinyl.

The DT770 headband will completely snap over the narrow leather and vinyl. The only one it will not snap all the way over is the wide leather.

Grado has been known to mix/match headbands with different headphones, so disregard what headphone you are modding... and just look at the type of headband.
Heres a pic of my MS2 with the cheaper vinyl headband and DT770 pad...
dscn61932iu.jpg

May 28, 2007 at 5:34 PM Post #14 of 17
that is exciting to hear, thanks kramer!
I'm gonna have to give beyer a call
wink.gif

The only thing i can think of that may be a problem is the fact that i have a big head. I have the drivers pulled almost all the way down. Is this going to make them not fit anymore?

May 28, 2007 at 7:53 PM Post #15 of 17
If I remember correctly, my MS2i had a thin leather headband but I've seen them with the wide ones too as above. No idea what exactly determines what you get... though mine was one of the earlier MS2is I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back