beyer dt880 250 ohm
Sep 4, 2009 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

auradud3

100+ Head-Fier
i am considering selling my dt 880's. but only because i just broke in my new set of rs1i's, after years of missing that certain ummmmp in my listening sessions in found it again in my grados, i have always been a grado head, and now have returned home. the dt880's are a really great can, i find them to be somewhere between the grado rs2, and the sennheiser 650, meaning they have an amazing detailed sound, in my opinion a bigger soundstage than either, they are both laid back and active, but for me, after being weaned on grados the grado sound was a must. the dt880's are in almost new condition, and not more than a couple of months old. i think the only difference in mine over new is that they are just past break in, for the most part they lived in my safe to protect against theft, i love the dt's but really listen to just one set. trying to be honest here, my reasons for selling is that i am an analytical listener, i need everything loud and proud, and for me the only can that delivers this to its full potential is the rs1i, the dt, is close, but as i said it has a laid back more neutral presentation than i expected, they sound good with most music, not a bass head can however, the bass in these babies is balanced, fits right in, not over stated in the least bit, as for wearing comfort they almost disappear on the listener's head, they are very adjustable, and very comfortable, never experienced fatigue while wearing. i dont know much more to say about the cans,except they come with all the included original equipment. go to headroom.com, they are and have been my guiding light as far as new purchases have been concerned, they give a better description than i do. my goals are to either sell or trade for something small or compact to send to my son who is deployed in iraq. in truth either would work for me, sale or trade, if sold i would just go buy my son an iem. my son also loves the hobbie but cannot bring big gear with him while deployed, so i would love to surprise him with an upgrade to the px 100's i sent him a year ago. let me know, photos to follow. photos wont load, but heres a link that will show the cans. it would be nice to trade for a great set of iem's, that would be ideal, than i would get him a bit head and than he would have a little bit of heaven in his off hours. thanks for looking

Pictures by auradud3 - Photobucket

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #11 of 21

jeycam

100+ Head-Fier
How much would shipping to Poland be?
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread