Beyer Dt770pro first impression
Sep 20, 2002 at 3:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Guyferd

1000+ Head-Fier
I purchased the beyer dt770pro and creek obh-11. But because I forgot to buy the cable.. I have to run my beyer straight out of my computer first.

Sound: Harsh treble , not as bassy as described by most users on this forum. Overall sound is still very harsh,I'm currently listenin to bic runga-sway, and it's not very comfortable listening to this. I guess it is because it still has not burned in.

I will post in somemore ..

Sep 20, 2002 at 5:53 PM Post #2 of 13
I'm quite sure that they are harsh because they are running straight out of your computer. When they are not amply powered, they sound..."blurry?" "Confused?" (Are these the words??)

Don't worry about the bass...they have plenty to spare!

Sep 20, 2002 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 13
My sound card is a SoundBlaster model, and even with the DT250-80 and AirHead amp combo the treble is noticeably harsh and sibilant.

I suggest trying the DT770 with a PDCP source and an amp capable of powering 250 ohm headphones; everyone who owns the 770-250 recommends a decent amp.

Are you sure it's the 250 ohm version of these headphones?

I ordered the DT770-250 about a week ago but have yet to receive them. Should be interesting.

Sep 21, 2002 at 2:16 AM Post #5 of 13
lol...
I left them to burn overnight for abt 10 hr and I notice the sound has improved.. less harsh, it's still there though,
Later I'm going to purchase the cable to connect my amp and my comp's soundcard.

Do I need to puchase 1 cable only? or 2? what is the correct way of connecting them?

Thanks

Sep 21, 2002 at 2:27 AM Post #6 of 13
Guyferd: What sound card is in your computer?
Santa Cruz -> OBH11 (w/OBH2 PSU) -> DT770pro = not harsh at all and bassalicious to the max.

edit: oh, toshiba notebook?
frown.gif

BTW, the 770pros don't have subwoover-like midbass slam that most pop/dance music caters for, but put a track on that has resonant bass on and you should feel plenty of good vibrations.
Massive attack - Angel
GusGus - Star lovers
Jamiroquai - uh.. anything
Ian Pooley
etc

Sep 21, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #9 of 13
I suggest Paula Cole's "this fire" title track....prepare to rumble!

biggrin.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

And the album is great to boot.

Sep 21, 2002 at 12:42 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:

Originally posted by Guyferd
aahhaa.. I love paula cole - I dont want to wait..
hope the song will rock my beyer !! hhehehe

I dunno about that track, but the title track really comes through regarding low bass levels....you'll see. just try it
wink.gif

Sep 21, 2002 at 12:54 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

I dunno about that track, but the title track really comes through regarding low bass levels....you'll see. just try it

Try Nelly Furtado's "Party's Just Begun" off the "Brokedown Palace" soundtrack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back