Beyer dt770/80 + D2, IMPRESSIVE!
Nov 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
I recently got my beyer dt770 80ohm i dont use an amp for them, i use my cowon d2 which has a 74mw amp, when i first got them they sounded dull i was disappointed, until i played around with the equalizer and special D2 sound effects for awhile, after i perfected my settings the result was simply amazing, the bass perfect for me nice kick, delivers very low frequencies no problem not drowning mids and highs which i find very impressive, but i've gotta say i tried playing around with the settings on several players on my pc it sounded NOTHING like my cowon.. it sounded like completely different headphones in a bad way, might because of the underampage, anyway does anyone think i should still bother buying a cheap amp for these cans? thanks
beyersmile.png

btw @ max volume on my cowon its not too loud but i wudnt listen to my music any louder (just right)

Nov 7, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #2 of 4
If all your music is on your PC you should invest in a DAC and an amp or DAC/amp combo. A portable DAC/amp combo might be just the thing for you.

Nov 7, 2008 at 7:42 PM Post #3 of 4
I run my dt770 out of my lappy->D3 great sound, almost as good as being at home. Really top combination !

Nov 7, 2008 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 4
if you're impressed by the sound out of the D2, wait till you hear the output from a good soundcard or better yet, a proper DAC/amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back