Beyer DT250 vs. DT150
Dec 13, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #31 of 66
Hello, I am not really sure if it is a good idea to use the 250 without an amp 140 ohm is a bit high... and even with the lower ohm models I have heard these phones are rather inefficient have a low sensitivity... I will be getting the dt150 soon an dI send my kenwood k1000 to tiemen to listen to it.
Imho the hd25 is still the best isolating closed can around and its small so easy to take with you and duyrable as hell too... I would really like to compare the dt150 side by side with my esw10jpn which will be back in january and the hd25 and hd280pro... I am also looking for the ideal closed can, I havent got enough cash to go into custom iems...
Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 13, 2008 at 8:23 AM Post #32 of 66
Hello once more, I briefly owned the dt900/600 johm version but I did not like it. I found that th ebass overwhelmed the rest of the music to a great extend. This really bothered me because, for me midrange is the most important in music. I have never heard the dt770 but I have heard from some people that they, too place a great emphasize on bass... I am also a bit confused by all the versions of the dt770 that ara out there these days...
Greetings, Anouk,

Dec 13, 2008 at 6:55 PM Post #33 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Anouk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, I am not really sure if it is a good idea to use the 250 without an amp 140 ohm is a bit high... and even with the lower ohm models I have heard these phones are rather inefficient have a low sensitivity... I will be getting the dt150 soon an dI send my kenwood k1000 to tiemen to listen to it.
Imho the hd25 is still the best isolating closed can around and its small so easy to take with you and duyrable as hell too... I would really like to compare the dt150 side by side with my esw10jpn which will be back in january and the hd25 and hd280pro... I am also looking for the ideal closed can, I havent got enough cash to go into custom iems...
Greetings, Anouk,

140 ohm? The DT-250 comes in 80 or 250 ohm. Both are pretty sensitive - plenty of volume out of an ipod nano or shuffle, for example (yes, even the 250 ohm version). The HD-25-1 is a great closed headphone and certainly more portable (though beyond the scope of the thread), but it is also brighter than either version of the DT250, and certainly bassier than the 250 ohm model. Of course for portability the DT150 is much worse than the DT250 - you can at least fit the dt250 around your neck without looking totally silly.

The DT-250-250 easily trumps the HD25 in sound quality and comfort, however. Any portable that could drive the HD25 to satisfactory levels but not the DT250 would be weak indeed. There is very little difference in isolation between the DT250 and HD25, and neither can compare to an IEM.

I would personally carry a DT250 before an HD25 for sonic reasons, though the HD25 is a little easier to lug around.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM Post #35 of 66
1161355771.jpg

ive read so many conflicting things about the 150 and 250, one person will say the 150 is better then another says the 250 is. its pretty confusing as theres not much info around to say what the difference between the two are.
and now ive got to consider do i want to look like alan partrige too
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:16 PM Post #37 of 66
As with all headphones, its best to try both.

I tried the hd250 first, and felt no need to try the other (comfort and a relatively low profile were some some importance, but ultimately the SQ satisfied)

It is probably worth noting that both headphones are targetted at the same market, I wouldn't be surprised if the drivers were the same.

Dec 15, 2008 at 9:24 PM Post #38 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by 00264167 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1161355771.jpg

ive read so many conflicting things about the 150 and 250, one person will say the 150 is better then another says the 250 is. its pretty confusing as theres not much info around to say what the difference between the two are.
and now ive got to consider do i want to look like alan partrige too
smily_headphones1.gif

Don't worry, Alan Partrige is wearing the DT100
icon10.gif

Dec 16, 2008 at 10:23 AM Post #40 of 66
I too am interested in the DT150 but unfortunately they may be too heavy for me. I have neck health issue and cannot use heavy phones.

The official specification set out these as 250 gram and should be slightly heavier than my Sony MDR 7506, but the picture looks like these are quite bulky with metal parts used throughout. Or am I mistaken ?

Dec 16, 2008 at 10:36 AM Post #41 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I too am interested in the DT150 but unfortunately they may be too heavy for me. I have neck health issue and cannot use heavy phones.

The official specification set out these as 250 gram and should be slightly heavier than my Sony MDR 7506, but the picture looks like these are quite bulky with metal parts used throughout. Or am I mistaken ?

They look bulky because of the size of the earpads.
In fact, they are not so big, and not heavy too. I was surprised by the small box they came in.
They clamp when they are new, but you can stretch the headband.

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:05 PM Post #43 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Greeni /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tiemen,
Thanks for the response. Just make a purchase. So the DT150 comes with a detachable cord, is it worthwhile to re-cable ?

Depends on your belief in recabling
biggrin.gif

I don't feel the need to do this. I'm happy with them the way they sound now.

Dec 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM Post #44 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So since I have the hd600 and like it, would you recommend me to get the dt150 to replace the purposes of the hd600s or are they not at that level? The reason i ask this is that i want a fun and neutral closed can that sounds good for the long haul that will be a good complement to the hd600s but if it beats the 600 I might as well just keep one.

Ive heard that the dt250-250 was slightly better than the 80 ohm version. I was wondering if their differences are small compared to the dt150 vs 80 ohm dt150.

Hey I know this is an older post but - I have both sets (HD600 and Dt250) and thought I'd offer my input. The 250s are a great replacement for my 600s - but ONLY when I can't use the open Sennheisers (like too much room noise of can't disturb others). They are NOT even close in quality - the Senns are much better overall, but as a closed replacement the DT-250s sound pretty darn good. I particularly like gaming with them, but they do a fine job with music and scale pretty well with an amp.

Jun 15, 2009 at 6:58 AM Post #45 of 66
Just read through here with interest.
I am trying to decide on a pair of new headphones, and found comments here really usefull.
I tried the DT 100 about 15 years ago!!! I liked the comparative neutral presentation - but felt they could be better in the Bass. At the time I owned AKG 240 Pro's (the gold trimmed ones) and my Mum has the orig 240's - which I slightly prefer as they are more neutral. The 240's emphasised the Bass and Treble a little making them less good for using as a reference and for recording (used to record live off mixer where Stage mix and recording mix were different). I ended up resorting to some neutral sounding in ear phones with ear defenders over the top to shut out the ambient sound!!!
Back to my point
I am trying to decide between the DT 150's and the DT250's
I want the most flat/neutral sound I can get - but also full range.
My Senheisers were bought when my AKG's died - they were never as good - though pleasant for late night TV or PC work.
I will use them mostly on my HiFi - either in the Amp - or the CD recorder deck
I will still occasionally use them in a PA mixer - so I could do with them being accurate for EQ adjustments etc.
I guess ultimately I need a shop where I can listen to both (I think GAK in Brighton might have them)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back