Beyer DT-770 Wiring anatomy (strange)
Mar 5, 2006 at 5:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

RobxMcCarthy

100+ Head-Fier
Ok, I recently opened up my beyer DT-770's to try to fix a crackle, as well as check out the wiring for a project I'm working on. And I'm a bit confused. In between the two posts (L / ground) (R / ground) there's a single strand of something on the order of 50-60 awg wire..

I've never seen the two posts connected in this manner and I'm wondering doesn't this change the impedance? I don't want to remove it before asking, but it seems like it would completely change the amount of power delivered to the headphones.

Do all cans work with a current divider like this?

Mar 5, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #2 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by RobxMcCarthy
Ok, I recently opened up my beyer DT-770's to try to fix a crackle, as well as check out the wiring for a project I'm working on. And I'm a bit confused. In between the two posts (L / ground) (R / ground) there's a single strand of something on the order of 50-60 awg wire..

Do all cans work with a current divider like this?

can you post a pic of the "between the two posts (L / ground) (R / ground) there's a single strand of something on the order of 50-60 awg wire"?

Ive never seen that before and certainly my DT770 didn't have that. See the URL in my sig. Mine were pretty straight forward aside from a small PCB.

Garrett

Mar 5, 2006 at 7:32 PM Post #3 of 5
You know, now that I think of it... It may have been the voice coil wires. I've done a lot of speaker work and have never seen voice coil wires that thin. (haven't taken it apart again to check).

Mar 5, 2006 at 8:18 PM Post #5 of 5
They have changed the wiring scheme in general though. When I opened up my DT-770's a while back, they didnt have the circuit board. All the wires went to a few terminals on the left driver and the wires for the right drivers split off from there. I don't have a digital camera with me, but when I can find one, I will take a pic and post it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back