Between the Gr07 & Ostry KC06A
Oct 10, 2014 at 8:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Chevalierr

Previously known as semajm85
Heya Guys,

Deciding between the two, the Ostry KC06A and the VSONC Gr07 Classic

What i'm looking out for it comfort and isolation

I can geti both for abt $60usd including shipping so which would be the better of the two? or should I wait for the havi b6? Budget is actually ard 100-150 USD...would love to have a remote of my Iphone as well

Mar 27, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #2 of 5
What kind of sound do you want.
The KC06 has more bass and a little less mids, while the GR07 is a bit hot on the highs.
I think the RE400 is a better alternative than both, imo.

Mar 28, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #3 of 5
  Heya Guys,

Deciding between the two, the Ostry KC06A and the VSONC Gr07 Classic

What i'm looking out for it comfort and isolation

I can geti both for abt $60usd including shipping so which would be the better of the two? or should I wait for the havi b6? Budget is actually ard 100-150 USD...would love to have a remote of my Iphone as well

Gr07 Classic has better bass and a bit more linear sound while the Ostry has smoother treble. None of them are quite well known for isolation though. I would say the Gr07 is better overall as an iem but the sibilance can be a hit or miss (my pair was very smooth to me but others find them harsh).

Havi B6.........seeing how abysmal the B3 measurements are I wouldn't put much hope in them. They will be rather hyped up here though! For sure!

What kind of sound signature are you looking for?

Mar 29, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #5 of 5

Gr07 Classic has better bass and a bit more linear sound while the Ostry has smoother treble. None of them are quite well known for isolation though. I would say the Gr07 is better overall as an iem but the sibilance can be a hit or miss (my pair was very smooth to me but others find them harsh).

Havi B6.........seeing how abysmal the B3 measurements are I wouldn't put much hope in them. They will be rather hyped up here though! For sure!

What kind of sound signature are you looking for?

It seems I am super sensitive to sibilance or hot highs because its first thing I noticed with the GR07 even in the classic edition. The famous audiotechnica M50 was tiring my ears in just few minutes.
Problem is for a newcomer, they dont know their sound preference so cannot make a perfect choice...
Maybe stating what kind of music you listen would be helpful?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back