Better tips for Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi 10?
Dec 26, 2011 at 3:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Addonexus

Head-Fier
I've had my Triple.Fi 10s since Wednesday, and I love these things. The sound quality is excellent, and they are a lot more comfortable than I thought they would be.  The only problem I'm having with them is they don't seem to keep the seal that long.  I'm using the stock medium size tips, which to me, were the most comfortable ones that came with the IEM.  I tried the small tips, and they were too small.  The large tips seemed ok at first, but became painful.  I tried the packed in Comply tips too, but my music sounded muffled, and I really didn't like it when they re-expanded in my ears.

I had  the same problem fining a good fit when I first bought my CX500s, and the only tips that came with those that worked for me were the pack in double flange tips.  What tips should I look at?  

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #5 of 23

Quote:
The Comply tips are the medium size, maybe go small?

+1, and to make them not sound so muffled you can trim a little off the front to where it has the rubber sleeve on the inside showing so the extra foam isn't absorbing the sound as much.

Dec 28, 2011 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 23
The best tip in my opinion is the larger Monster super foamies. Tried very many tips before discovering the Monsters (which incidentally I don't like on any other iem's I own).

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #7 of 23
I've tried every tip that came with it.  I also bought some bi-flange tips from ebay, you might want to try that.  I also tried the Sony Hybrids.  None worked for me and I ended up going with custom reshell, which are working pretty nicely :)

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:03 PM Post #8 of 23
If you want to get a good seal out of the TF10's my opinion is to have them reshelled into customs. I had the same problems as you and finally decided to cough up the extra $80 for a reshelling through Fisher Audio down in Florida. They did an excellent job, both times (lol I broke the first ones about a year later, a car door can do that). You'll hear things out of them you didn't know was there. 

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:49 PM Post #10 of 23
$80 was what InEarz/Fisher used to charge.  They're up to $90, though there maybe some kind of group buy going on.  Some have done impressions on their own. But realistically, expect to cost around $150 including impressions and shipping.

Dec 28, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #11 of 23

Quote:
how can the reshelling cost 80$.... seems very low, I mean, its 50$ for the audiologist... leaving 30$ for all the work.... I'm confused....

i am 100% sure, 80 is just for the work, audiologist isn't included

EDIT: a company called Kozee Sound Solutions also does remolds for a reasonable price. ~120 if you do your own impressions ( that includes shipping both ways) 
http://kozeesolutions.com/

(i am still trying to decide on the company i want to do the remolds)

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:35 PM Post #12 of 23
I bought a pack of Sony Hybrid tips yesterday, and the small (peach colored) ones work great for me.  In case I do want to try smaller lComplys, which model of tips should I get?  I've looked at the website for Comply, and it points me to T500s. However, I've read that some people like the T400s instead.

Dec 29, 2011 at 6:56 PM Post #13 of 23

Quote:
how can the reshelling cost 80$.... seems very low, I mean, its 50$ for the audiologist... leaving 30$ for all the work.... I'm confused....

My impressions cost me $10 for each ear and shipping was $5 each way. But I was just saying overall that would be the best way to get the most seal out of them. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #14 of 23
I was near a Radioshack today, and decided to look for Comply tips.  All they had was a pack of T-400s, so I picked them up.  I cannot believe the difference.  These are insanely comfortable, and I don't know why, but I have none of the sound muffling problems that I originally had.  I've been listening to these for the last three hours, and they are so comfortable that it feels like there's nothing in my ear.  The size is not marked on the package, so I really have no clue what size these are, but looking at the package, they seemed a little smaller than the pack in ones. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back