Better Sound on Quick Play (Mac)
Jan 21, 2018 at 5:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Head-Fier
I (as we all) have tried finding the best audio fidelity for digital media.

Have any of you also found the "Quick Play" option in Mac OS X - finder to be quite ... clear sounding?

"Quick play" is when you play mp3, flac, aiff or wave etc. By holding the mouse directly over the file och pressing the play button. I also found that you can change songs with the buttons on the keyboard, pause and play, AND you can scan/ skip/ scroll by sliding 2 fingers right (forward) or left (rewind).

playing-audio-file-in-finder-using-icon-macosx.jpg

I find this to sound BETTER than a great deal of other appliances: Windows computers (acer; 2 laptops with jRiver and Meridian explorer 2 DAC in Wasapi, Foobar2000 with Wasapi add on. An HP desktop with creative sound card), Samsung phones (S8, S5, S3 and Tab s), native player and with UAPP (music app) and external DAC (Meridian Explorer2), Playstation 4 media player - optical to receiver, iPhone 6 and 7. and an old iRiver HP120 media player ^_^.
Actually, I find Quick Play more detailed, rich and distinct then iTunes and Quicktime.
(Same tracks were compared on the different devices).

Maybe this has something to do with Quick Play being so direct. No other features, equalizers or app volume controls... just the raw music data straight to the sound card/ dac. Tested on a MacBook pro, no AC cord connected and WiFi off (just in case :wink: )

Any thoughts?
Do you share this experience?
I'm no programer so I can't reflect on how come this sensation works in depth. What do you think?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #3 of 7
Thanks for your opinion, and yes in many regards I agree with you. I've had androind and PC all my life... but in terms of sound... this MacBook Pro kicks christmas ham! :D
Have you tried it out?

Jan 23, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #5 of 7
Hehe yeah, I was too, and still am in some regards, but with the Sound... well check for youselfe.
I haven't fond a Tighter, Punch/ Kick fixing sound then on a battery driven, no AC, no WiFi MacBook pro played through Quick Play. (I Love EDM - Glitch hop, Complextro, Dubstep..) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back