Better options for mini-mini?
Feb 10, 2002 at 11:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jodokast

500+ Head-Fier
Okay, so quick info:

I have Philips SBC 910 headphones
Getting JMT CHA 47

Now I need to get a mini-mini cable correct? Any other options besides Kimber 1 ft mini to mini I found at Headroom? How much of a difference does these cables actually make anyways?
wink.gif

Also about the other company, makertek, I can't seem to find the cable on their site......help? Thanks for any kind of advice or info you guys could give m.e

biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2002 at 11:26 PM Post #3 of 8
ahh.......thanks. You da man man.

Feb 11, 2002 at 1:47 AM Post #4 of 8
just ordered some. Can't wait.
biggrin.gif

Feb 11, 2002 at 3:14 AM Post #5 of 8
There were two separate reviews posted this past week on these cables. cajunchrist did one, and I did another. Mine has a link to yet another review of the Markertek and Kimber built up in another configuration.

Feb 11, 2002 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 8
I just swapped out the Straightwire one that came with my Airhead with one I made with Homegrown Silver Braid. The difference was very noticable. I used two Neutrik 3.5 male connectors.

Lextek
biggrin.gif

Feb 12, 2002 at 1:20 AM Post #7 of 8
I also make my own Mini-Mini's with neutrik 3.5mm connectors (www.partsexpress.com) and some teflon coated fine silver wire I had left over from some Chris Venhaus DIY silver interconnects. I use some 1/4" flexible teflon tubing (used for plumbing connections) and spiral 3 runs of the silver wire along a short length of the tubing and solder on the 3.5mm connectors. I then wrap a couple layers of teflon plumbers tape to hold the wire in place, followed by a wrap of electrical tape and finally some heat shrink. They are stiff but I usually make them about 8" long and then bend them in a "U" shape (held in the U shape by a thick band of electrical tape). I can easily plug them into my portable CDP and then into my portable CMOY amp that sits right on top of the CDP. They are really high quality silver interconnects (similiar to the Chris Venhaus DIY silver interconnects).

Feb 18, 2002 at 8:29 PM Post #8 of 8
Jim, you have a pic of what you're talking about?
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back