better cable to replace stock Shure SE530?
Dec 8, 2008 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

reinhard

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a cable to replace the one that comes with the Shure SE 530, which is too long for me and seems to conduct a lot of noise from physical movement. A Pure Sound has a 2ft 1/8 female to 1/8in male adapter cable with super nylon sleeving for $115 -- but frankly I'd like to spend less than that. Any suggestions? I am surprised by how much noise from movement the Shures have, as opposed, for example to some Ultimate Ears I also have, which are sonically not nearly as good.

Dec 8, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 5
The Shure SE530 is quite difficult to recable. Actually it requires a lot of tricks.
And, don't tell me you want to buy the cable from APS to recable your SE530??? It's huge in size, the wire itself may bigger than your SE530.

Dec 9, 2008 at 6:41 AM Post #3 of 5
Actually, I was just thinking of replacing the extension cable that Shure supplies with the SE 530s; the one that comes with it seems to transmit a lot of physical noise, much more than (eg) my Ultimate Ears. So you think the APS cable will be huge, over-kill? Can you recommend another 2ft 1/8 female to 1/8in male cable that might work better for this purpose? Thanks for your help!

Dec 9, 2008 at 10:48 AM Post #4 of 5
I'm about to make a new extension cable for my 530s. Just waiting for cable, which I expect to be about a week or so away. My cable will be quite thick because I don't intend to use it portably, so it probably wouldn't suit your uses.

I think Qusp is also planning on a new extension cable for his 530s - might be worth checking if he'll knock one up for you while he's at it - pretty sure his will be thinner, more flexible and suited to your requirements.

Mar 16, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #5 of 5
The Shure SE530 is quite difficult to recable. Actually it requires a lot of tricks.

Just wondering if you can shed more light on why/how it's difficult (and if that's still the case in 2019 with IEM mods quite popular). Also, what are the required tricks ? I'm interested in getting a recable, but would like to know more about it. Thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back