better bass at closed or open heaphones?
May 30, 2015 at 4:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

lubli

New Head-Fier
sory in advance on my english.
i interest on buying a pear of headphones,i read abot the diffrences of open and closed,i hear music just in my room so think about open but the bass less good at open?
i think about sennheiser hd 598 but still looking/
thank you all for help!!

May 31, 2015 at 2:43 AM Post #2 of 14
Generally the amount of bass in open headphones will be less than closed headphones but the quality is usually better. The 598 is a very nice and comfortable headphone but it does lack sub-bass.

May 31, 2015 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 14
Generally the amount of bass in open headphones will be less than closed headphones but the quality is usually better. The 598 is a very nice and comfortable headphone but it does lack sub-bass.

I saw on comments that peoples says
that 598 and 558 have bas leaks like you say...but doesnt it the meaning of open haedphones?
Realy hard to choose open or close..
Thank you for help!

May 31, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #6 of 14
problem with closed headphones is that they don't have soundstage. However some well designed ones can sound much more controlled and clear.

open headphones have more open sound which I prefer, (depends situation still)

Depends on budget and I would suggest try HD600 if you can with decent DAC/AMP or AKG  KXX or newer series with non bumpy headband.

cheers

May 31, 2015 at 10:26 AM Post #7 of 14
problem with closed headphones is that they don't have soundstage. However some well designed ones can sound much more controlled and clear.

open headphones have more open sound which I prefer, (depends situation still)

Depends on budget and I would suggest try HD600 if you can with decent DAC/AMP or AKG  KXX or newer series with non bumpy headband.

cheers
Thank you for comment! For open ones do you recomded hd 558?mor in my budget and for closed ones the bayerdynamic one pro plus or ms50?

May 31, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #8 of 14
Thank you for comment! For open ones do you recomded hd 558?mor in my budget and for closed ones the bayerdynamic one pro plus or ms50?

no I don't recommend HD558 or HD598. I would say you better go for AKG K612 route, for the price I believe they will be better choice.

Consider Audioquest Dragonfly as a DAC later... it is also amp and drives my 300 ohm HD600 quite well and it is also better than anything I have head around $100 price range

May 31, 2015 at 10:41 AM Post #9 of 14
no I don't recommend HD558 or HD598. I would say you better go for AKG K612 route, for the price I believe they will be better choice.

Consider Audioquest Dragonfly as a DAC later... it is also amp and drives my 300 ohm HD600 quite well and it is also better than anything I have head around $100 price range

Sory for my ignorence but what does it means dan and amp?in pretty new

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:41 PM Post #13 of 14
Sadly you'll need to spend around $400 for an open headphone to get the amount of bass of a closed headphone. I think you'll want more sub-bass than what an open headphone can get you at this price. Can you get the a Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear M1 or a Beyerdynamic DT 770 32 ohm or 80 ohm in your price there?

Jun 3, 2015 at 6:44 PM Post #14 of 14
Sadly you'll need to spend around $400 for an open headphone to get the amount of bass of a closed headphone. I think you'll want more sub-bass than what an open headphone can get you at this price. Can you get the a Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear M1 or a Beyerdynamic DT 770 32 ohm or 80 ohm in your price there?

Hmm i think yiu dont realy recomnded that but is seems like im gonna buy the hd 558,they good for the price and till iget sure what is my headphones type

Users who are viewing this thread

Back