Bet all you comp wizz's cant solve this 1.
Sep 3, 2004 at 6:23 AM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
The analogy is referenced towards the fact that the amount of games available for windows has nothing to do with its operating stability or quality. The percentage of market share is equally irrelevant to its quality.

A better analogy might be that despite its inferior hardware the ps-2 has the most games available of the newer generation consoles, that doesn't mean that its a got great hardware and is easily programmed for.

Of course, there are licensing issues too. There are games that are only available for one particular platform, so if you really must have that game, you are stuck with that platform.

For instance, Doom3. It's a M$ only product for now. No coincidence that the only console it will be available for initially will be the XBox. Of course, the PS2 and GameCube have snowball's chance in hell of running Doom3 with all it's eye candy.

Time to back off the M$ vs. the world issue. I think that horse corpse is quite bloody already.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:25 AM Post #32 of 40
Back on topic, has anyone benchmarked USB connection VS. old PS/2 connection for mouse performance?

I swear I can't really tell the difference, and usually, the little difference I find is that PS/2 has less lag.

-Ed

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:36 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Back on topic, has anyone benchmarked USB connection VS. old PS/2 connection for mouse performance?

I swear I can't really tell the difference, and usually, the little difference I find is that PS/2 has less lag.

-Ed

I have, ps2 ****s all over usb back when I was playing seriously.

Now bah...usb will do lol...

ps2 is soooooooooooo smooth and accurate compared to usb.

Sep 3, 2004 at 6:35 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by enzoferrari650
I SAY GO BUY A NEW X800 XT!!!! and then if it doesnt solve your problem give it to me
tongue.gif

Or an X600, you won't believe the improvement it will make. (I'm using a GF3, so I really shouldn't be saying your card is slow O_O, but I have no issues)

Sep 3, 2004 at 11:43 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
Or an X600, you won't believe the improvement it will make. (I'm using a GF3, so I really shouldn't be saying your card is slow O_O, but I have no issues)

My card is sloooooooooooooooooooooooow. Doom 3 eats me
frown.gif

*cries*....im waiting for the 6600GT
biggrin.gif

Sep 5, 2004 at 7:41 AM Post #37 of 40
Tried APCI and ps2 adapter...didnt make any difference
frown.gif

Sep 6, 2004 at 12:12 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
You might wanna read this thread..?
Hope it helps...

http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ighlight=mouse

Unfortunately it's nothing to do with the mousing surface.

It's some software bug. Just dunno what's the best way to get around it without sacrificing speed.

I narrowed it down to cursor acceleration but how do you fix that short of disabling it.

Sep 6, 2004 at 1:40 PM Post #40 of 40
Some one mentioned "serial mouse" detection in another forum. If you're outta ideas, you can try it. No promises.

Right click My Computer
Select Properties
Select Advanced Tab
Select Settings in Startup and Recovery
Select Edit

add /NoSerialMouse (case sensitive) to the line:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\XP="Windows XP" /fastdetect

It should look like when you're done:
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\XP="Windows XP" /fastdetect/NoSerialMouse

Save and Exit, then reboot

worth a try anyway...but I'm doubtful

Users who are viewing this thread