Bet all you comp wizz's cant solve this 1.
Sep 2, 2004 at 12:17 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 40

Ctn

Headphoneus Supremus
This problem has been bothering me for a while now.

With the old nvidia drivers 40 series, my logitech mx500 mouse is silky smooth, but when I install the newer drivers 50/60 series. It's only smooth at 60/70hz monitor refresh rate. at 72+ hz it's jerky as hell, esp in internet explorer.

The usb dont conflict with anything.

Any ideas?

Im running a p4pe/ti4400 with winxp.

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:25 AM Post #3 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
windows sucks?

I thought that's common knowledge
wink.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #4 of 40
seriously though, that sounds like a bug/poor os more than an actual conflict.

If he is using explorer and using the scroll wheel, or scroll bar, that consumes an incredible amount of memory. Combine that with a quick redraw it just sounds like windows can't shift its memory fast enough to account for both.

why it works for old drivers? nvidia changed something that windows isn't accounting for, or not accounting for fast enough.

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:12 AM Post #5 of 40
It happens when Im moving the mouse.

C'mon guys...gimmie solutions
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:45 AM Post #8 of 40
Are you sure your video card and usb controller are not sharing the same IRQ?
Look at your post info while booting and then double check what device manager says when windows loads.

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #9 of 40
One of them is sharing the same irq, the other 2 usb controllers isnt.

I tried all 3...no difference.

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:52 AM Post #10 of 40
My last resort is the ps2 adapter but I dont want to use that yet as I dont have one.

Sep 2, 2004 at 1:57 AM Post #11 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by raif
windows sucks?

Yeah, expecially at playing the latest games. Oh, what's that? It's not available yet for other OS's?
evil_smiley.gif

Yeah, try the PS2 adapter. You can't plug anything else into the PS2 port.
Have you tried unplugging all other USB devices? (well, you'll still need your keyboard if that's USB.

-Ed

Sep 2, 2004 at 2:02 AM Post #12 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Yeah, try the PS2 adapter. You can't plug anything else into the PS2 port.
Have you tried unplugging all other USB devices? (well, you'll still need your keyboard if that's USB.

-Ed

Like I said I dont want to try the ps2 adapter yet as I would have to buy a new mouse just to get that. My keyb is ps2, a relic of the past (original MS natural keyb made in usa. no one has made a better keyb for me to replace it with). I dont have any other usb devices, just usb extention cables which dont have anything connected to it.

Someone must be more knowledgable in computers than I am
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2004 at 2:16 AM Post #13 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ctn
Like I said I dont want to try the ps2 adapter yet as I would have to buy a new mouse just to get that.

Most computer stores should have usb>ps2 adapters for sale as a separate item.

Sep 2, 2004 at 3:00 AM Post #15 of 40
Have you tried reformatting and installing a fresh copy of Windows? Whenever I have problems I can't solve, and have tried everything under the sun. I just say screw it and nuke it all. Plus your computer will run like new again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back