BestBuy and Tidal Deal
Aug 1, 2020 at 11:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Allanmarcus

Headphoneus Supremus
Bestbuy still has the $99.99 deal (normally $119.99) for Hifi which would be 12 x 19.99 = $239.88 through Tidal!

TIDAL - HiFi Yearly Subscription [Digital]
Model:TIDAL HIFI DIG 1 YRSKU:6407163
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/tidal-hifi-yearly-subscription-digital/6407163.p?skuId=6407163
You have to have a bestbuy account(free) and be logged in to see the $99 pice

also
I'm sure this has been mentioned here before, but if you're a student (i.e., you have a dot edu email address), you can get the monthly subscription for $10/month. $99/year is better of course but in case you prefer to pay monthly and have the student email account, you have that option as well.

Aug 1, 2020 at 11:18 AM Post #2 of 26
Haha, thanks for taking this off the Deals thread.

Yeah, so I've been watching this offer go by on the Deals thread for so long --- the latest flurry of activity finally made me act. Bought the subscription for $100 from BB and canceled my Tidal. I'll swallow the 10 days of value I lose waiting until August 11 for my Tidal account to become inactive.

Thanks!

Edit: If I somehow lose my Tidal playlists, there'll be hell to pay!

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2020 at 1:48 PM Post #4 of 26
Can this be canceled on the Tidal website or would it have to be canceled on Best Buy?

Aug 1, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #6 of 26
Aug 2, 2020 at 6:44 PM Post #8 of 26
Just got the BB Tidal deal. Also just cancelled my current account and will register the new account once the current subscription period ends.

I wish BB or somebody could partner with Qobuz also as I am not too far from hitting the the cancellation button on them At $14.99 for the Qobuz Studio Premier sub per month it's now almost double what I will be now spending for the Tidal sub at $8.33 per month. Qobuz does have the edge in SQ, but the content is so far behind Tidal's and content trumps SQ. If the music you listen to is not there, it doesn't matter how good the sound is!

Aug 2, 2020 at 7:31 PM Post #10 of 26
Just keep in mind that your new subscription purchased through Best Buy starts when you buy it not when you activate it on your new account.

Also to cancel it, you have to do so on BestBuy's website. Could be slightly iffy in the future as that is a bit of an unknown.

Aug 2, 2020 at 11:48 PM Post #11 of 26
Just keep in mind that your new subscription purchased through Best Buy starts when you buy it not when you activate it on your new account.
Oh yeah I know I will lose two weeks of subscription, but well worth if if I do not have to transfer playlists or have other hassles.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #13 of 26
What do you mean, cancel on BB's website? I cancelled my Tidal on Tidal's website. I don't see any way to do it from BB's site or why I would need to. More info?

The Best Buy annual plan is canceled on Best Buy, not Tidal. In Tidal, it apparently links to Best Buy to manage the plan.

Aug 3, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #15 of 26

Users who are viewing this thread

Back