Best Xears headphone?
Dec 10, 2012 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

AleemLala

New Head-Fier
           Hey guys. I've been a lurker on this forum for a while now and decided to take the plunge. So, I wanted to get a good pair of IEMs, and I really took a shine to the Xears (with the amazing coupon added on of course :wink: ). However I don't know which one to get. With the coupon, they'll all be the same price. I've read up on some of them and it seems the Xears XE200PRO are the best of the bunch. Looking at their buying prices however, I found a few others (namely the Xears Maestro MH700) that were more expensive. Does that mean they're better? I know it's silly to assume that price = quality but I have to wonder. There's only one review on the MH700 that I could find and it wasn't that enlightening. Any recommendations? 
        I listen to hip-hop/electro/house so I'm looking for good bass, punchy but not too overpowering. Also good low-end extension. Good separation would be a plus for sure. I'm not too worried about the highs/mids. Any recommendations? Any other suggestions for the same price range (<$50)? I know that's asking for a bit too much but I'm sure you guys can suggest something awesome. Thanks!

Dec 10, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 3
BTW I'd like to add that I currently own the cheapest 'good' headphones recommended in joker's thread I.e. the monoprice 8320. I'm very happy with those, but they don't have enough bass, if you can believe that. I tried eqing them but it doesn't have a good enough effect. I like the sound of the monster turbines, them being the only $100+ iem I own (alas they broke). So any headphone suggestions guys?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back