Best Workout Headphones under 100
Dec 1, 2013 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

ballinneb12

New Head-Fier
I am starting to work out and need new headphones for the gym. I cant spend over 100 dollars and want ones that clip on or have some way to staying in because ive had buds in the past and they always fall out. What would you guys reccomend?

Thanks! 

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM Post #2 of 22
I know this is sort of counter productive, but I can only workout in buds. Get some RE-400s. You will not be sorry. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM Post #3 of 22
the times ive used buds like those they fall out while im on the tredmill or machines like that. I just want something similar to the dre powerbeats but those are way overpriced and not very good from what ive read. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:39 PM Post #6 of 22
a couple of the ones ive looked at are the Sennheiser MX 680 Adidas Sports and other Sennheiser sports ones. Also the MEElectronics Sport-Fi S6P looked intriging. If anyone has used those I would love to hear your thoughts on them. 

Dec 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM Post #7 of 22
I use the Nocs NS400 Titanium while on my mountain bike, hiking, climbing, running, skiing... etc. They don't fall out and sound really good. They have a remote on the right which controls most IOS devices, which for me comes in handy. Pretty tough, for the most part. No issues yet, lots of miles and head time. 

Review here:

http://www.digitaltrends.com/headphone-reviews/nocs-ns400-review/

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM Post #13 of 22
Shure se215, koss ksc75 on a headband make a good workout phone on the cheap

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:39 PM Post #14 of 22
I agree with the Shure SE215 for ~$100. Probably the only choice for me. At that pricepoint you should look for any headphones that can use comply foam tips (or similar). They will stay in your ears regardless of what you do.

Dec 1, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #15 of 22
My recommendation is not too spend too much and not to shoot for hi fidelity but to get something that sounds decent and is durable - personally I use the Phillips-O'Neill Treads - the ones WITHOUT the mic - and for around $25 they sound pretty good and can withstand a nuclear bomb. I once went swimming with mine in my pocket for about 45 minutes and after about 3 or 4 hours of drying I plugged em back in and they worked perfectly. Still using that same pair a whole year later.
Again - the sound is pretty damn excellent for $25 but nothing like the more expensive models mentioned in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back