Best Wireless Headphones?
Aug 19, 2020 at 1:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Aceolus

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

I currentlly have a the Sennheier HD 650's, the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, and the Audio Technica M50x. Now I'm looking to get a pair of wireless headphones although, I have never owned a pair of wireless headphones before so I'm kinda lost in that department. What do you guys recomend be the best wireless headphones?

Aug 19, 2020 at 2:09 PM Post #2 of 11
In-ear, on-ear, over-ear? What do you expect to use it for?

Aug 19, 2020 at 2:22 PM Post #4 of 11
Do you need a built-in mic or do you use a separate one?

Aug 19, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 11
I think the Sony WH-1000 series typically rounds out near the top of these lists. Also Sennheiser Momentum. But if I were in the market for a pair of over-the-ear Bluetooth cans I'd probably get in on the Drop/THX Pandas. Buddy of mine got in on the first Drop and loves them madly.

Aug 23, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #7 of 11
I'm going to use it for competitive gaming.

Then it's probably quite crucial that you take time to check the headphones' latency. Regular BT headphones tend to have too much of it.

I believe that APTX-LL guarantees a decent enough latency. You'd have to make sure that both your computer and the headphones support it. With other codecs it's highly variable depending on the source, the receiver and the codecs, from decent to unusable.

Aug 24, 2020 at 8:46 AM Post #8 of 11
I think the Sony WH-1000 series typically rounds out near the top of these lists. Also Sennheiser Momentum. But if I were in the market for a pair of over-the-ear Bluetooth cans I'd probably get in on the Drop/THX Pandas. Buddy of mine got in on the first Drop and loves them madly.
I would second the Sonys. Generally considered the king of ANC, great usability and good sound quality when compared to its competition.

Aug 24, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #11 of 11
I'm going to use it for competitive gaming. In my personal preference, I prefer, over the ear, on the ear, and then in the ear.
I would stick to DT770 as that's the only one headphone that suits your needs. Wireless headphones might be problematic due to latency, especially gaming related stuff.

And besides, the battery will degrade over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back