Best Way to Ship Headphones
Feb 28, 2006 at 2:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Oistrakh

Headphoneus Supremus
Whats the best way to ship headphones? I recently sold my HD-280 pro heapdhones in an effort to upgrade to HD-555, and I included the original box. Should I use the box the post office has, or put the headphones in like a cardboard box? How should I ship the HD-280 in the original box all the way to california?

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:08 PM Post #6 of 10
Wth is confusing about Naris' answer? Use foam/.. to surrond the original box and put that box in a postpacket..

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #7 of 10
Naris' answer looks as good an answer as one can expect. Basically you want to protect the headphone box from any possible damage (in particular, physical) while making sure the whole package does not become too heavy (incurring extra postage charge). With me, I usually apply a single layer of bubble-wrap around the headphone box and put it into a box (can be anything as long as it is sturdy) filled with crumpled newspaper. Seal and send away. Simple.

Regards.

Feb 28, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #8 of 10
I ship with USPS Priority, insured with tracking number. New USPS boxes are free and included when you ship priority (I believe). Use their boxes to minimize error. Use clear packaging tape, the more the better.

place cans in original senn box. I place a ball of loosely wadded newspaper in each corner of the USPS box and press the senn box firmly into that. That helps keep the senn box centered when they drop it. Surround the senn box with balls of loosely crumpled newspaper, and close tight.

Garrett

Feb 28, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #10 of 10
Original box + bubble wrap + styrofoam pellets in sturdy cardboard box always works well! It'll be heavier and cost more postage-wise, but guarantees a safe journey for your headphones! Also use registered expedited/priority shipping with insurance. Courier is always the best, but also the most expensive by a very long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back