best way to listen to music?
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:28 PM Post #16 of 36
I also get a similar problem playing back music on Mediamonkey, thought it was just me. I haven't tried fixing it though so can't help ya :[.

Your soundcard may or may not have NATIVE asio support, it just depends on whether the drivers were written by your soundcard manufacturer. If you are using onboard SC, just use ASIO4ALL. Send me a PM if you need help setting anything up but most of the info you need should be there with the link I posted above.

Apr 14, 2009 at 5:19 PM Post #20 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the integrated 7.1 that comes standard with new Dell's...Realtek High Def (?)

Alright, no integrated card has ASIO natively, so you'll have to fake it.

You need a program called ASIO4ALL, available here, to act like a soundcard. It's free and great.

When you install an ASIO-compatible player, you will choose ASIO4ALL as your soundcard when setting the player up.

Sep 6, 2009 at 12:59 AM Post #22 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by freakydrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ripped my entire cd collection onto my pc, memory is not a concern, but what is the best way to listen on my headphones? itunes? media player? windows media center?
or is there another program available that would ensure I am hearing the truest representation of the cd itself?
thanks!

I use Foobar2000. I lean back in my chair with the lights off, close my eyes and enjoy.
biggrin.gif

Sep 6, 2009 at 1:52 AM Post #23 of 36
Another vote for Foobar 2000 + ASIO. I use it with my Essence STX line out and my m3/sig11. My first real "hi-fi" digital headphone rig.

Sep 17, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #25 of 36
If you want your foobar to be more user friendly, give this a try.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:11 AM Post #26 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by LFF /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I use Foobar2000. I lean back in my chair with the lights off, close my eyes and enjoy.
biggrin.gif

I'd love to do the same, based on how well people say it performs, but, alas... I use a Macbook, and there doesn't appear to be a compatible version. Any suggestions as to the best player for Mac users???
redface.gif

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:26 AM Post #27 of 36
I like j river media center. You can download jukebox for free or try the 30 day free trial of media center14. If your looking for a user friendly interface check it out.

Sep 18, 2009 at 6:33 AM Post #28 of 36
Quote:

I'd love to do the same, based on how well people say it performs, but, alas... I use a Macbook, and there doesn't appear to be a compatible version. Any suggestions as to the best player for Mac users???

Amarra with itunes cant be beat.

Sep 22, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #30 of 36
So whats the diff between these players and something like iTunes. Is it the play back thats better, and why? same with the ripping, do they have better ripping, and why?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back