Best way to enjoy my headphones on PS4
Jan 29, 2014 at 9:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MistaSparkul

New Head-Fier
Hey,

I would like to be able to use my Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro on my PS4. It's currently connected to my monitor via HDMI and I'm pretty sure plugging in my headphones into the monitor's built in 3.5mm isn't going to give me the most enjoyable results, especially since I have the 250 ohm version. What's the best way to go about using my headphones for the ps4? I don't have a specific budget but I'd like to keep it as cheap as possible while still getting some decent use out of them. Thanks!

Jan 29, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 9
Do the older A40 Mixamps 2010/11 support usb chat on the PS4?

From what I read in the other thread is that if I plug the usb from the Mixamp into the PS4 it disables the chat function if you want to plug a mic into the controller?

Jan 30, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 9
Do the older A40 Mixamps 2010/11 support usb chat on the PS4?

From what I read in the other thread is that if I plug the usb from the Mixamp into the PS4 it disables the chat function if you want to plug a mic into the controller?

I have no way to test this but I believe its reading the Mixamp as a wired mic then and you would have to plug the mic into the mixamp. The only problem being is that I believe the PS4 only outputs stereo through USB. At least to my understanding.

Jan 31, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #6 of 9
The ps4 does in fact work with DACs through USB. I just figured it out and it was actually very easy to output the sound through the DAC. Just for anyone wondering.

Feb 2, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #7 of 9
USB DACs really work with PS4? That's a pleasant surprise. My PS3 doesn't recognize my uDAC-2, but if it works with PS4 that would be really cool!

Feb 16, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #9 of 9
Did anyone else use headphones with an astro headset and it kept disconnecting and reconnecting? I couldn't play anything because of this issue. I told Sony my optical port was broken, so they sent a new one. Haven't had time to even try it out yet lol..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back