BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Jun 5, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #541 of 592
Hey guys, I was recently intending on getting a budget iem, but i truly want to experience high quality equipment. I have a budget of $300, I listen to hip-hop and vocal based tracks and I intend to use the iem to listen to movies. My priorities are sound, comfort, soundstage and detail. What is my best option I have recently started researching and have seen the Fiio FD5, Mangird Tea, LZ A7 and Blessing 2 as highly rated. But honestly not sure which would work best with me. If you have any advice I would be thankful. Especially if there are some I've missed which I'm sure of. 👍

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #542 of 592
Hey guys, I was recently intending on getting a budget iem, but i truly want to experience high quality equipment. I have a budget of $300, I listen to hip-hop and vocal based tracks and I intend to use the iem to listen to movies. My priorities are sound, comfort, soundstage and detail. What is my best option I have recently started researching and have seen the Fiio FD5, Mangird Tea, LZ A7 and Blessing 2 as highly rated. But honestly not sure which would work best with me. If you have any advice I would be thankful. Especially if there are some I've missed which I'm sure of. 👍
Definitely the LZ A7. When it comes to hip-hop and vocal music, they kinda require the polar opposite in terms of tonality, which means that the A7 with its tuning options will be able to adapt to both situations.

I will also say that you should definitely skip the B2, it does not work well at all with hip-hop.

Jun 5, 2021 at 6:58 PM Post #543 of 592
The A7 is excellent I understand, unfortunately I don’t have one. The Mangird Tea is what I’d pick between your options, I listen to everything but lately a lot of EDM type stuff, Ambient, Psychill and the Tea is excellent for them all!
My top best sounding IEMS are the ones with estat type high end but the Tea would be my 3rd or fourth best.
Its very very capable of playing anything I think.

Jun 5, 2021 at 8:25 PM Post #544 of 592
Another vote for A7. Very versatile.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #546 of 592
Okay thanks for the information guys. I think I'm pretty set on the LZ A7, money is tight but I should be able to get em by next month. I've got a coupon on eBay so I will get the Tanchjim Tanya as beaters for $5 basically. Sounds pretty ****ing good especially with the versatility and options the A7 has and I've heard good things about comfort which is crucial for me. Thanks for the help unfortunately money is tight so i'll have to wait about a month or so to be able to afford the A7 but i should be good with the Tanya's in between!

Jun 6, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #547 of 592

I'm not sure about the hip hop + vocals + movie combo. That's a pretty big swath that may include all bass, mids and trebles. Including sound, comfort, stage and detail. I doubt any iem could do all of the above. Portable-hifi is a game of trade-offs and the iem with least offense wins.

At $300, if you prefer vocals and natural timbre. Get the JVC from drop.

https://drop.com/buy/drop-jvc-ha-fdx1-dual-carbon-iem

If you like hip hop and prefer sub-bass kick and good instrument separation. Get Blessing 2 Dusk.

https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...lessing2-dusk-1dd-4ba-in-ear-monitor-earphone

Jun 6, 2021 at 3:45 PM Post #548 of 592
Okay thanks for the information guys. I think I'm pretty set on the LZ A7, money is tight but I should be able to get em by next month. I've got a coupon on eBay so I will get the Tanchjim Tanya as beaters for $5 basically. Sounds pretty ****ing good especially with the versatility and options the A7 has and I've heard good things about comfort which is crucial for me. Thanks for the help unfortunately money is tight so i'll have to wait about a month or so to be able to afford the A7 but i should be good with the Tanya's in between!
Ok, i just read this, indeed A7 seems great!

It depends if you are more sensible to tonality or technicalities to some extend....like, for vocal i tend to prefer dynamic driver, as well as for bass unless i need lotta speed. So for you going Hybrid is a good choice if you prefer speed, clarity, details. Blessing 2 have very light lean bass, not suggested for any beat-heavy music IMO Great for classical and even jazz cause acoustic bass do sound good.

I really enjoy the Aune JAsper with rap and electronic and everything really, as well as Audiosense T800, the most bassy (yet w to U shape) multi BA Ive ever heard.

BQEYZ Spring2 is good too, but not super rumbly, its more about thump and slam and vocal are fowards and rich.

IKKO OH1 is rumbly bright crisp V shape with extra upper mids boost. Good value IMO even if timbre is a bit, well BA like...realist but bright-dry.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #549 of 592
Hello, I'm looking at a few non DD and hybrid options at around $100-150. What would be ideal for someone who prefers Harman target signature and/or neutral profile. I'm preferably looking at all BAs and/or hybrids with magnetostats/EST. Thanks in advance.

P.S. - I listen to a variety of music genres and prefer natural tonality+timbre.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:25 PM Post #550 of 592
Hello, I'm looking at a few non DD and hybrid options at around $100-150. What would be ideal for someone who prefers Harman target signature and/or neutral profile. I'm preferably looking at all BAs and/or hybrids with magnetostats/EST. Thanks in advance.

P.S. - I listen to a variety of music genres and prefer natural tonality+timbre.
Audiosense DT200 and the DT100 for BA iems.

As for hybrids...I say its better to wait for impressions on GS Audio to come out before you buy anything in that price range+.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:44 PM Post #551 of 592

As for hybrids...I say its better to wait for impressions on GS Audio to come out before you buy anything in that price range+.
I saw your GS Audio posts but the thing is AliExpress is not an option for me as the app is banned in my country. So I'm dependent on exorbitantly priced sites like Linsoul, Shenzhen, Hifigo etc. I was thinking of MT300 as it is available on Linsoul for ~$165 even Raptgo 2BA model looked intriguing but there's absolutely zero impressions about them.

Jun 6, 2021 at 4:45 PM Post #552 of 592
I saw your GS Audio posts but the thing is AliExpress is not an option for me as the app is banned in my country. So I'm dependent on exorbitantly priced sites like Linsoul, Shenzhen, Hifigo etc. I was thinking of MT300 as it is available on Linsoul for ~$165 even Raptgo 2BA model looked intriguing but there's absolutely zero impressions about them.
oh...:disappointed:

Jun 6, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #553 of 592

I'm also here waiting for your impressions of GS audio before pulling the plug.

Jun 6, 2021 at 5:26 PM Post #554 of 592
Yeah, a lot of people are probably waiting. But it will take a long time before I get it...so better ignore them for now and enjoy everything else. :joy:

Jun 7, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #555 of 592
From where are you managing to source them? You are able to access Ali in India?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back