BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Mar 15, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #107 of 592
Yeah i've seen that. never actually purchased from aliexpress, are all the vendors out of the US? How does paying import duties work? Also the long delivery times have always turned me off. I will look into it though. Have you heard them before? do they live up to the hype?

Mar 15, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #108 of 592
Yeah i've seen that. never actually purchased from aliexpress, are all the vendors out of the US? How does paying import duties work? Also the long delivery times have always turned me off. I will look into it though. Have you heard them before? do they live up to the hype?

Nope. Never heard them before. Really curious to do so though. I've been reading and watching all the reviews and also been following the dm6 thread from the beginning. I'm confident they'll suit my preferences.
All AliExpress vendors are based in China. I've ordered many things from AliExpress, without a single problem. They even have good customer service. I don't know how customs works in your country, but here in Belgium it seems a bit hit and miss. Luckily more miss than hit.
For me, they are impossible to get locally, so i didn't have a choice.
You can order with confidence from AliExpress, or penon audio or linsoul, you just have to have patience.

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2019 at 2:05 PM Post #110 of 592
I recently received the Kinboofi Mk4 (With Switches) and have found it to be excellent. I'll have a full review of it a bit later as I have several ahead of it in line at the moment, but I am having trouble focusing on those for wanting to listen more to the Mk4 - it is well tuned and very detailed.

Mar 26, 2019 at 2:53 PM Post #111 of 592
So I personnaly confirm that IKKO OH1 are incredible earphones, sound and construction hit above its price range IMO

Here, its really about lower end lively and well resolve presentation, look like I never listen to bass line the way I do with OH1, every single bass note have precise rendering and weighty presence (not in a boomy way).

This and the great imaging and overall smooth treble make them stand appart. I prefer them over BGVP DMG wich feel more congested, yet more detailed as well.

My review is up on headfi and on No BS Audiophile.

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #112 of 592
Hello, everyone!

I have somewhat of a unique ask:

I have the Kanas Pro and enjoy them very much, however, I have a metal allergy and it seems I'm reacting to the metal housing of the IEM itself - causing some irritation and itchiness after I wear the IEMs for an extended period.
I've been interested in the Tanchjim Oxygen and now these IKKO OH1 - but I am also very curious to hear if anyone recommends any IEM below $300 that does not have a primarily metal housing?
I enjoy the Kanas Pro, and I highly value bass quality and quantity and prefer a u-shape over going completely neutral, but am ok with modifying via equalizer.

Thank you in advance!

Mar 26, 2019 at 3:24 PM Post #113 of 592
So I personnaly confirm that IKKO OH1 are incredible earphones, sound and construction hit above its price range IMO

Here, its really about lower end lively and well resolve presentation, look like I never listen to bass line the way I do with OH1, every single bass note have precise rendering and weighty presence (not in a boomy way).

This and the great imaging and overall smooth treble make them stand appart. I prefer them over BGVP DMG wich feel more congested, yet more detailed as well.

My review is up on headfi and on No BS Audiophile.
I definitely agree that they best the DMG. If I had to restart my audiophile journey, they would be a great place to start because I feel the build quality and ergonomics are great for the price and the sound is V'd enough that somebody used to a "typical consumer" signature will feel right at home while still being introduced to a new level of sound quality and detail.
As I mentioned before, they don't deviate from the ibasso it01 enough to justify having both though (even if I may like them a little more) and as I've explored more options I've found a more mid centric, or at least a less V'd signature is preferred.
On that note, I submit the KZ AS10.
While being under 100 and therefore out of this price range, I have found that the AS10 with an upgraded cable and some nice foam tips will put you just over $100. Then, add an earstudio es100 and all of a sudden for $200 you have a very good every day carry that if a given peice gets lost or broken you won't have to break the bank to replace.
As for the AS10 itself, very very natural sounding 5 BA IEM. Of all that I've tested, it sounds closest in balance to my oppo pm3 and almost the right timbre as compared to the pm3s and akg k7xx, both of which have a very real timbre. The AS10 lacks some high end but can easily be eq'ed with the es100.
LSS: For just over $200 you get a great setup that you don't have to worry about carrying everywhere with you. As your journey continues you can get a different iem while still retaining the upgraded cable, tips and es100..

Mar 26, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #114 of 592
Hello, everyone!

I have the Kanas Pro and enjoy them very much, however, I have a metal allergy and it seems I'm reacting to the metal housing of the IEM itself - causing some irritation and itchiness after I wear the IEMs for an extended period.
I've been interested in the Tanchjim Oxygen and now these IKKO OH1 - but I am also very curious to hear if anyone recommends any IEM below $300 that does not have a primarily metal housing?
I enjoy the Kanas Pro, and I highly value bass quality and quantity and prefer a u-shape over going completely neutral, but am ok with modifying via equalizer.

Thank you in advance!

Kinera Idun Deluxe Version

Mar 28, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #115 of 592
Kinera Idun Deluxe Version
I'm having a hard time finding reviews of the deluxe version in particular - can you tell me what makes it different from the regular version? (I'm assuming maybe bass extension/ presence?) A link would be totally fine too!

I'm honestly looking at the Sony XBA-N3AP vs the Kinera Idun Deluxe (and I Really have eyes for the Tanchjim Oxygen - but it looks like the same type of metal that is irritating me with the Kanas Pro. One main reason I'm considering the N3AP is that I can get them on amazon.

Thanks for any thoughts you can share!

Mar 28, 2019 at 11:36 PM Post #116 of 592
Hello, everyone!

Thank you in advance!
If you can live with low isolation the Sony EX800ST are all plastic.
They sound very different to the KPE (I have both) but are on a totally different level.
There’s a thread about them.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:48 AM Post #117 of 592
Hello, everyone!

Thank you in advance!

If you search for balanced sound, the new ALPHA & DELTA KS3 are great, housing is high quality plastic resin and they are very comfortable.

Mar 29, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #118 of 592
If you can live with low isolation the Sony EX800ST are all plastic.
They sound very different to the KPE (I have both) but are on a totally different level.
There’s a thread about them.

I've eyed the EX800ST for a while - thank you for the confirmation that they are indeed plastic.

I ordered the XBA-N3AP and am really enjoying them - but I couldn't help myself and ordered the EX800ST to compare against. :dt880smile:

If you search for balanced sound, the new ALPHA & DELTA KS3 are great, housing is high quality plastic resin and they are very comfortable.

These do look interesting, will be interested to read comparisons.

I must say though, the Massdrop Plus UIEMS have certainly caught my attention - especially if the claims about the ported BAs delivering 'hybrid' style bass... I'm just nervous to order them as I don't think I can return them and an all BA IEM... I just have to hear the bass for myself before deciding :L3000:

Thank you for your input!

Mar 30, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #119 of 592
I ordered the XBA-N3AP and am really enjoying them - but I couldn't help myself and ordered the EX800ST to compare against. :dt880smile:

I compared those 2 last week at a shop in Tokyo. I had already bought the EX800 and was considering the N3AP as an additional IEM.
Came to the conclusion that they were too similar to have both.

Please share your experiences when you get them! I am curious what your conclusion will be.

PS: are you also alergic to stainless steel? If not, the JVC HA-FD02 is another high value IEM. Very different to the EX800, with a simple mod they are highly resolving, fast and neutral with effortless natural sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back