BEST VALUE ''around 100-300$'' CHIFI & NEWCOMERS IEM with REFERENCE List (no BIG brands here)
Jul 9, 2019 at 8:20 PM Post #166 of 592
Hi I have listened more extensively to the TFZ No. 3 and have submitted a more detailed review in this post: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...pressions-thread.852820/page-79#post-15050703
Are you gonna purchase it?
I think for a $100 IEM, it is excellent.

I went ahead and picked it up on (Mass)Drop for $85 the night before the sale ended. From all the feedback I've heard I think I'll enjoy them quite a lot, and the price I got them definitely adds to the appeal. Thanks for all your feedback, it's much appreciated!

Jul 10, 2019 at 6:19 AM Post #167 of 592
Nice construction! Wonder how they compare to Alpha Delta KS3 wich use singl micro driver in uiem too.

Not heard the KS3 personally, but the P1 is remarkably good considering it only has a 7mm dd. Decent amount of low end, mids with enough crunch and detail to keep it fun and shimmering treble that never seems to be sharp or piercing. All in, the package included, I’d say they were a great value iem.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #168 of 592
Not heard the KS3 personally, but the P1 is remarkably good considering it only has a 7mm dd. Decent amount of low end, mids with enough crunch and detail to keep it fun and sparkly treble that never seems to be sharp or piercing. All in, the package included, I’d say they were a great value iem.
funny...description remind me of KS3 wich use a micro driver too, but its not particularly sparkly tough. fast, accurate, clear and well balanced with rather rich transparent timbre.

Right now I listen to the Final Audio Design B2 wich is a single full frequencies balanced armature in a big ''cubist sculptured'' metal housing shape....sound quite excellent....and if you think about the fact its a single BA it sound like a Miracle. No notable bass roll off here, sound is natural, vivid and balanced with emphasis on mids presence. Need more listen, but they are promising.

Jul 11, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #169 of 592
Add AUDIOSENSE T800 to the list, if E5000 and ER4S are mid fi, the T800 is high end compared to them
IMG_20190627_163021.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #170 of 592
Add AUDIOSENSE T800 to the list, if E5000 and ER4S are mid fi, the T800 is high end compared to them
Was planning too, just waiting for more impressions and will test them soon. Audiosense are a very very promising company, talk to them alot, very serious about tuning work to the point of collaboration with Knowles so they customize BA with them.
Will work more on the list, give me a week or so.
And, hum, E5000 is certainly the opposite in soundsignature...so much aspect to take in account. I hope T800 have no agressive peaks or upper mids sibilance or bass weakness. Curious to know how they compare to a single ba mid fi like the FAD B2.

How would you describe the sound bro??

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #171 of 592
How would you describe the sound bro??
the sound is U shaped, with the deepest rumbling bass i have ever heard from BA earphone, it goes all the way down to 20hz, the mids are warm but very detailed and musical, the treble is bright but not harsh, it is super clean and fast treble, the soundstage is very wide, imaging - surgical precision, only treble sensitive people can have problems with them, but overall they sound amazing to me

Jul 11, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #172 of 592
Okay then. In the list ASAP!

Look to beautifull to be true, hope to try them soon....waiting for the new 8cores cable that is in production.

Were come a long way with BA's tech....bass was soo weak before....man, as said, B2 bass dig super deep for a single driver and blow my mind....but imaging isnt chirurgical and super detailed.

Im not particularly sensible to upper treble (there limit for sure) but quite to upper mids sibilance.

Jul 11, 2019 at 1:14 PM Post #173 of 592
Just receive this from postman:

ORIOLUS FINSCHI.

P1020201.JPG P1020199.JPG P1020195.JPG

I love Oriolus birds, now lets see about the Oriolus earphones. Nice packaging for sure!!

Jul 11, 2019 at 2:03 PM Post #174 of 592
Has anyone tried GR09 2019 edition with detachable cables? Is retailing around $130 on AE. CNT driver under $200 looks very tempting. Contemplating one amongst 9Tail, GR09/07X and TFZ No.3 as all of them look fantastic value ~$100 mark.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #175 of 592
Just receive this from postman:

ORIOLUS FINSCHI.

I love Oriolus birds, now lets see about the Oriolus earphones. Nice packaging for sure!!

Please compare Finschi with Ibasso IT01.

Jul 11, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #176 of 592
Please compare Finschi with Ibasso IT01.
Okay bro, but I did not even listen to them already....im overwhelmed right now.
Im not a big fan of IT01 but will do comparaison soon and get back to you.

Jul 12, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #177 of 592
Has anyone tried GR09 2019 edition with detachable cables? Is retailing around $130 on AE. CNT driver under $200 looks very tempting. Contemplating one amongst 9Tail, GR09/07X and TFZ No.3 as all of them look fantastic value ~$100 mark.
They're absolutely fantastic IMO, my comments from earlier:
  • General signature is definitely warm/dark. The technical capabilities are very impressive considering the warmth and that no part of the sound is particularly emphasized.
  • Build quality is fingers crossed OK. Vsonic obviously has a reputation for its QC issues, but externally all seems fine, so far. The rotatable nozzles are stiff as heck and creak a bit so I'm just not going to touch those thanks. Cable is eh, pretty stiff and tangly, will probably change it at some point. Smallish selection of tips, which is fine as the ones that were already installed were perfect. Ear hooks, good. Travel case is too small and soft, really have to shove em in there are it doesn't protect that well.
  • Fit is great, one of the things Vsonic is great at. All the IEMs of their I've tried (GR07 mkII, VSD1S, VSD3, this) have been extremely easy to insert and wear.
  • Bass is north of neutral. Bit more rumbly than punchy. No particular emphasis anywhere, excellent all rounder bass for a wide variety of genres. No bloat or bleed, very nice.
  • Mids are like a Disney theme park, ****ing magical. No Fartman target dips and bumps here, it's all linear baby, and sounds great. Musical and natural. All those buzzwords. Absolute highlight of GR09.
  • Treble is great, very much to my preference of being there, but not making a big deal of itself. There's plenty detail and even a bit of sparkle, but this is first and foremost a musical IEM, not analytical. If you want air, get a dog whistle. No sibilance or weird spikes, very smooth stuff.
  • Soundstage is very good, good width and very good depth. Some phase ****ery going on in the treble that gives reverbs a nice spacious effect. Imaging is ok, nothing special.

YMMV, it's a warm signature but that's a pro and not a con.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:11 AM Post #178 of 592
  • General signature is definitely warm/dark. The technical capabilities are very impressive considering the warmth and that no part of the sound is particularly emphasized.
  • Build quality is fingers crossed OK. Vsonic obviously has a reputation for its QC issues, but externally all seems fine, so far. The rotatable nozzles are stiff as heck and creak a bit so I'm just not going to touch those thanks. Cable is eh, pretty stiff and tangly, will probably change it at some point. Smallish selection of tips, which is fine as the ones that were already installed were perfect. Ear hooks, good. Travel case is too small and soft, really have to shove em in there are it doesn't protect that well.
  • Fit is great, one of the things Vsonic is great at. All the IEMs of their I've tried (GR07 mkII, VSD1S, VSD3, this) have been extremely easy to insert and wear.
  • Bass is north of neutral. Bit more rumbly than punchy. No particular emphasis anywhere, excellent all rounder bass for a wide variety of genres. No bloat or bleed, very nice.
  • Mids are like a Disney theme park, ****ing magical. No Fartman target dips and bumps here, it's all linear baby, and sounds great. Musical and natural. All those buzzwords. Absolute highlight of GR09.
  • Treble is great, very much to my preference of being there, but not making a big deal of itself. There's plenty detail and even a bit of sparkle, but this is first and foremost a musical IEM, not analytical. If you want air, get a dog whistle. No sibilance or weird spikes, very smooth stuff.
  • Soundstage is very good, good width and very good depth. Some phase ****ery going on in the treble that gives reverbs a nice spacious effect. Imaging is ok, nothing special.

Thanks for the detailed impressions I am certainly leaning towards GR09 as it suits my preferred signature. One more query, can they used with a BT module?

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:12 AM Post #179 of 592

Nice....i wanna heard this screwing magical disney MIDS ahah

Description remind me the VS7 I have and adore. Warm but accurate, how could it be? And this freakin galaxical soundstage! So delicious.

Jul 12, 2019 at 10:18 AM Post #180 of 592
Thanks for the detailed impressions I am certainly leaning towards GR09 as it suits my preferred signature. One more query, can they used with a BT module?
Have not tried to, but I don't see why not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back