Best value amp for the FreQ shows
May 20, 2008 at 5:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

slowth

500+ Head-Fier
thought I'd just start a thread...

Anyway, I've always preferred a flat sound(no EQ) with my music (you can call me a purist).. I like to hear it as it's recorded, or at least try my best to get to that.

I don't want to spend alot on amp cos I really don't think I need a super high end, since I also plan to use my FreQ for stage (that's why the MM crossover).

After reading many threads and looking at reviews (esp skylab's), i'm considering
1) Used headsix
2) Ibasso P2
3) mini3

they're more in my range of price and with quite good reviews.

So which would be best if I wanted it as neutral as possible, but just to enhance the overall sound without leaning too much to a certain freq range. Skylab's reviews say the headsix are as neutral as you can get. Hoping for more feedback though...

much appreciated!!

May 20, 2008 at 6:34 PM Post #4 of 20
I wonder why Freqshow hiss without amp.........

May 20, 2008 at 7:50 PM Post #7 of 20
From Germania's review, freqshow hiss less after amped right?
This is so weird.....

May 20, 2008 at 7:52 PM Post #8 of 20
OK. amped from lineout vs Headphone out.
Now I understand!
redface.gif

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by -=Germania=- /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Line out vs. headphone out - the classic battle.

Really - the line out on the iPod Touch is very clean, but the headphone out is noisy.

May 21, 2008 at 12:27 AM Post #10 of 20
ha sounds great! tho i'm not considering it...

mmm if the line out is very clean.. can I just use one of those line out dock adaptors and plug my earphones right in the adaptor? hehe.. just a wild guess.

May 21, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #11 of 20
ibasso d2

May 21, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #12 of 20
cool! Freqshow is going to be my first CM. I hope I will not get disappointed.

Looking forward for your words on Friday!

Quote:

Originally Posted by raffy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My FreqShows shipped today and I am going to use them with my new (used) tomahawk. I'll post impressions when I get home Friday.

May 21, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #13 of 20
i don't think any amp will make the freqs sound worse right? it's just in what area it improves them... so yeah wud the ibasso make it flat? Din know ibasso had such a huge following here.. is it as high in stature as the european/american amps?

So anyone can answer if I could just use an ipod line out adaptor with a 3.5mm jack and just plug my monitors thru there? what would happen? explosion or stg? lol...

May 21, 2008 at 7:35 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ha sounds great! tho i'm not considering it...

mmm if the line out is very clean.. can I just use one of those line out dock adaptors and plug my earphones right in the adaptor? hehe.. just a wild guess.

And you'll blow your eardrums out
biggrin.gif
The volume from the iPod's line out is set at max volume.....it's meant to be used in conjunction with an amp or powered speakers for you to adjust the volume.

May 21, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #15 of 20
i knew there had to be a catch...
but that's good ain't it.. solves the iem problem once and for all.. NO IEMs!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back