Best USB DAC/Amp for around $140?
Sep 23, 2012 at 3:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Klonos

New Head-Fier
I'm trying to get the best sound quality from my crap netbook and my ATH-M40fs headphones. I'm not looking to upgrade my netbook (because I can't) or my headphones, but can anyone provide the best USB DAC/Amp in my price range? I've heard a lot about the fiio 17 and ODAC, but I would like some other opinions as I know absolutly nothing about this stuff. Any help would be appreciated!

Sep 23, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #2 of 4
Also, do I need an amp, or can I just get a DAC and get good sound quality? If a standalone DAC at $140 can get me better sound quality than a DAC/Amp can at $140, that's what I'll go for.

Sep 23, 2012 at 10:37 PM Post #4 of 4
Klonos,although i know many products nowadays ,i am not any expert,mostly due to my geographical status,but if you are looking specifically for a amp-dac combo a that price range,the first choice i will consider is some of the Audinst model in their product line,as merely as desktop use,not for portability as far as i am concerned.
Just take some time in the community for researching,there should be thousand of the same question you did above,you will able to decide with quite good safety.Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back