Best Upgrade from Ipod Buds
May 6, 2006 at 7:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Happytab

Head-Fier
For under $50 - can't be open - I need them for wearing while My wife watches the box and for sitting at my desk at work.

It has to be comfortable and a noticable sq improvement from the stock buds.

Thanks very much for your help.

May 6, 2006 at 7:52 PM Post #5 of 11
Sennheiser MX400 or MX500s are very good. I chose the sony ex71sl as my upgrade years ago, but I don't think I'll recommend that now. My sister uses the MX400 with her nano and they sound pretty impressive.

May 6, 2006 at 7:56 PM Post #6 of 11
sorry for not being specific - I am kinda open to suggestions. I like listening to anything from Pink Floyd to Radiohead to Coldplay.

Comfort is really important to me - I just bought some PortaPro's but these leaked like the Titanic and have to be ebayed - silly me.

thanks again

May 6, 2006 at 7:58 PM Post #7 of 11
I've heard the Audio Technica FC7s and Philips HP460s mentioned around these parts that seem to satisfy your requierements. Im sorta in the same boat as you, though I've decided I want cans, not buds.

May 6, 2006 at 8:12 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by trum01
I've heard the Audio Technica FC7s and Philips HP460s mentioned around these parts that seem to satisfy your requierements. Im sorta in the same boat as you, though I've decided I want cans, not buds.

Apprently, I'm one of the only few who owns the HP460's... or the only one.

They're leagues ahead of the iBuds. I can't comment on the FC7's but they're about $12 more with shipping.

HP460's a $30 on Amazon with free shipping as FC7's are $42 or so at Bluetin with shipping.

May 7, 2006 at 7:25 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsjong
Apprently, I'm one of the only few who owns the HP460's... or the only one.

They're leagues ahead of the iBuds. I can't comment on the FC7's but they're about $12 more with shipping.

HP460's a $30 on Amazon with free shipping as FC7's are $42 or so at Bluetin with shipping.

They don't do the HP630's in thr UK - were they replaced with a different model ?

May 7, 2006 at 8:04 PM Post #11 of 11
Sennheiser EH150.

Cheap, sound great, they dont leak unless you're listening to INSANE volume levels, they're closed supra-aural. I love mine, and they're really a can that comes highly recommend from me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back