best under $80 iem ?
Oct 7, 2010 at 1:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

r4tr4tr4t

Head-Fier
hello i made this post in another thread but got ignored so im gonna just make a thread, im kinda new to these forums (have read a lot but made very few posts), im currently looking for some new iem's so ive read some threads regarding my issue and so far it seems the best for that price are the mc5, s4, superfi 5, hippo vb, maybe im wrong but bottom line my budget is 80 bucks and i will appreciate suggestions on what to buy =D thanks in advance

Oct 7, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 26
Knowing what I know, I would get a Fischer Audio SBA-01 which is a little bit more than your budget. I would also consider the Fischer Audio Enigma and the RE0.

Oct 7, 2010 at 9:59 AM Post #4 of 26
Panasonic HJE900's.  I'm a fan.

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:13 PM Post #6 of 26
man after reading lots of reviews i still cant decide, the best so far seems to be the mc5, fischer audio eterna, re0, these seems good but couldnt find recent comparisons: hje900, superfi 5, ie6

if what i listen the most is RnB, hip hop and dance/vocal trance (aka lot of bass) which one of those 6 models would u think suits me the best ??
thanks again for the cooperation people =)

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:20 PM Post #7 of 26
Haven't owned one myself but most of the ppl here seem to like the hje900 and re0. If I were in your shoes I would go for the HJE900. Ppl have however complained about the HJE900 not having great mids though...

Oct 8, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #8 of 26
what kind of sound do you like?

what kind of music?

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #9 of 26
Hey, you should try Klipsch Image S4. I had them and the sound was amazing, except I was one of the very few that had tiny ear canals that the Klipsch couldn't fit in. Sold it to a friend and he loves it. Its around $80 or so.

Oct 8, 2010 at 7:32 PM Post #10 of 26

Quote:
Hey, you should try Klipsch Image S4. I had them and the sound was amazing, except I was one of the very few that had tiny ear canals that the Klipsch couldn't fit in. Sold it to a friend and he loves it. Its around $80 or so.

they can be a bit sibilant. they mellow out a little bit with some break in, but the sibilance never goes away. i received a set of Brainwavz M2's on monday and after 4 days with them i returned my S4's this morning. the M2's have the same bass quantity as the S4's but have better mid range and top end.

Oct 8, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #11 of 26
I have the Klipsch Custom-1 and love 'em.  The price has recently been slashed to less than $40.  The MEElectronics M6 is pretty popular with Head-Fiers and also available for less than $40.

Oct 8, 2010 at 9:41 PM Post #12 of 26
...any other insights ?

Buy refurbished IEM's.  Also, don't forget to use your search engine.  Remember, the search engine is your friend.

I just got a set of Sennheiser IE8's in the mail today at over half off Sennheiser's Amazon retail price and they're not knock-offs.  I've gotten several killer audio deals by buying refurbished or out of production models.

Oct 9, 2010 at 12:46 AM Post #13 of 26

Quote:
what kind of sound do you like?

what kind of music?

as i stated earler i listen mostly to RnB, hip hop and dance/vocal trance  

Quote:
...any other insights ?

Buy refurbished IEM's.  Also, don't forget to use your search engine.  Remember, the search engine is your friend.

I just got a set of Sennheiser IE8's in the mail today at over half off Sennheiser's Amazon retail price and they're not knock-offs.  I've gotten several killer audio deals by buying refurbished or out of production models.

lol thats a nice tip, but im clueless about what high end iem would have a refurbished price of around 80 bucks (the ie8 even at half price is still out of my budget =( )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back