Best under £20 earphones?
Jul 26, 2011 at 7:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Totally Dubbed

aka 1337 Gamer
aka totallydubbed2
aka TotallydubbedHD
THREAD CLOSED - I bought the CX500's.

Hey guys!

Long time since I've been on the forums!
As I'm  very happy bunny with the Denon AH-C710's :p

My dad wanted some earphones, so I thought, what place better to ask than on Head-fi!
I was thinking of the Sennheiser CX500's which are under £20 on Amazon, although would like some input!

Bass = not an issue
Clarity = biggest feature
Durability = even more - don't want his to break in several months of use to say the least!

I'm from the UK, so please under £20 prices in the UK and brand-new would be great!
Thanks guys!

Really appreciated the help :)

UPDATE:
I'm between the CX500's and the CX400 II's = no idea about the difference...could someone please tell me?

Jul 28, 2011 at 6:04 AM Post #4 of 10

Quote:
hey,guy.according to the price range you offered,I finally found this http://s8.hk/55td ,and I think it's supposed to be a satisfactory one.

Why are you short linking a website? Are you a bot?

Jul 28, 2011 at 8:22 AM Post #6 of 10
JVC FX66(highely recommended), Sony MDR-XB20EX and CX500 (highely recommended).

Jul 28, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #7 of 10

Quote:
JVC FX66(highely recommended), Sony MDR-XB20EX and CX500 (highely recommended).

legend - exactly what I needed - what is the difference between the two from personal experience? Which one would you choose,

Greatly appreciate the response! 

EDIT:
By the looks of the specs on Amazon, it seems like the Sony's are the favorites?
Although you didn't recommend them.

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #8 of 10
If you're looking for any earphones make sure you're looking at closed earphones like the ones with the rubber tips for noise isolation. Unless you do sport like cycling and you need to hear traffic coming by I recommend open dynamic models. I recommend brands like Sony, trust it with my life =D

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:04 PM Post #9 of 10

Quote:
If you're looking for any earphones make sure you're looking at closed earphones like the ones with the rubber tips for noise isolation. Unless you do sport like cycling and you need to hear traffic coming by I recommend open dynamic models. I recommend brands like Sony, trust it with my life =D

out of the list provided above which one would you choose?
The sony's?

I don't mind about brand, but I would prefer (by the looks of it, in terms of use) the Senns or the sony's

Also what is the differene between the CX400 2's and the CX500's...can't seem to find it - apart from volume control?

Jul 31, 2011 at 5:37 AM Post #10 of 10
Can't give you much info about the others cause I don't know much, the ones i'm using are these (http://www.sony.com.au/product/mdr-e11lp) their pretty durable I'm still using it, I'm using it for rough purposes like cycling not much noise insulation but i use it for cycling like I said. I have a pair of (http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666321170) for home usage. I'm not sure about the rest of the guys but I use to have a closed audio tech in ear and I had to get it repair 3 times... so yea... don't trust them anymore. Def, go for close ear phones if you are going to be on the bus, city or etc. Might cost a bit more though but way worth it. hope i helped a bit.

Btw man hope I help about the volume control, don't go for it... It's hopeless... unless ur using it for your phone and it has a compatible mic or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back