1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

best UNAMPED portable cans for basshead: Ath-pro700mkII, Ultrasone hifi580, vmoda lp2, DT770 80ohm...or somthing else

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by discoburger, Feb 19, 2013.
  1. DiscoBurger
    Whats happening, 

like the title says I'm in the market for some cheap, durable, and portable overear headphones. I have some ultrasone pro900s at home but those need an amp and I hate the inconvenience of dragging one around with me. I need a pair of headphones that "go to 11" soundwise and have a thunderous bass (subbass-midbass-all bass). I want to pull the trigger on one of these but I am kind of lost any guidance would be appreciated...thanks much. 

2. DiscoBurger
    Lemme clarify here. I have a pair of ultrasones so I can already say that I want a deeper bass than the tight bass that the ultrasones produce. I want the bass to be tight, and have a deep, rumbling sub-bass. Something maybe "darker?" than the ultrasone sound...the ultrasones are a bit too crisp for some genres of bassy music.

Anyone heard the M100s? Are they worth the $200 more they are than the other headphones on this list?

I'm leaning towards the ah-m50s atm.