Best TOTL Universal Dynamic Driver IEM (No Hybrid DD+BA)
Sep 18, 2016 at 10:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 35

Roen

500+ Head-Fier
What's the current opinion on best DD IEM on the market now?

MEE P1?

Sep 18, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #2 of 35
There is a dynamic driver IEM called Dita the answer or the truth which is ranked highly by reputable members. I've not heard it though. Years ago the Sony EX1000 was a high roller, I didn't get the vibe personally when I home auditioned it. I'd like to try again one day now I've settled down a little.

Sep 18, 2016 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 35
I put the P1 very high on the list they are balanced with a very slightly bass boost but here the thing they suck with mobile device you will need a DAC/AMP, if you have one then you can consider the P1. Do your research, look for your sound signature. The higher you go in price the more that iem will benefit from a DAC/AMP which mean more money. 

Sep 19, 2016 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 35
Guess I haven't heard that many super high end single dynamic drivers, but Sony's ex1000 my fav IEM. JVC FX series excellent too (850, 1100 etc...)

Haven't heard them but the beyer/A&K T8ie, Sennheiser ie800, Campfire Audio Lyra would probably go on that list, judging by price at least :rolleyes:

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:39 AM Post #7 of 35
Trying to revive this forum - as a single DD universal is something i'm really interested in.

Sennheiser IE500 Pro - This is a great set. Highly detailed and yet great for long listening sessions. Wide sound-stage will also be immediately apparent.
Ocharaku Donguri Keyaki To Plus is a TOTL single dynamic.
ER2SE must be here as well.

Nov 14, 2019 at 3:58 AM Post #10 of 35
The (Mass)Drop JVC HA FDX01 (with tuning filters) is considered by some audiophiles and reviewers as an end game DD set. I wanted to get it but had not enough cash during the drop period.

Nov 14, 2019 at 5:44 AM Post #12 of 35
Sony MDR-EX1000, Beyerdynamic Xelento

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #13 of 35
+1 JVC FD01/FDX1. After hearing this I can't see myself buying super expensive DD IEMs again (maybe if Sony revisit the ex series).

FW01 not my type of tuning but I think it is a high quality IEM for that style.

Haven't heard these but:

The Acoustune stuff seems very well regarded.

Dunu has a new 'flagship' (super expensive) single DD IEM called the LUNA coming out which should be interesting since they were initially known for their high quality budget-friendly DD (and also good hybrid bass)

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #14 of 35
Im still looking forward to receiving my fdx1 from drop. The dunu luna looks interesting, but price remains to be seen. Dunu has been talking up that the driver is the first pure beryllium driver and has made some comments that this is not the same as other "beryllium" drivers, even their own since they are not pure beryllium.

I am also partial to the CA Atlas. Its definitely not your normal "audiophile" tuning and opinions on it can vary, but if that kind of bassy signature is appealing, its quite good.

Nov 14, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #15 of 35
Im still looking forward to receiving my fdx1 from drop. The dunu luna looks interesting, but price remains to be seen. Dunu has been talking up that the driver is the first pure beryllium driver and has made some comments that this is not the same as other "beryllium" drivers, even their own since they are not pure beryllium.

I am also partial to the CA Atlas. Its definitely not your normal "audiophile" tuning and opinions on it can vary, but if that kind of bassy signature is appealing, its quite good.

I saw a comment from their facebook saying they were still working out production costs but speculating $1000-2000 for the LUNA.

CA Atlas is a good mention, very pleasant sounding (too expensive I thought, but good all the same).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back